Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Do you feel your age?

A good friend and I had this discussion a few days ago. Both of us are in our 50s and are pretty active. Bith us agreed we feel much younger than we are physically. Neither of us feel wore out or overly tired. We both try to work outrl regularly and eat right etc. I think my job helps me in that regard too. I have times where I have to buckle down and get back on track but I rarely if ever feel like I am 54. I am in pretty good health all in all. Only medication I take is a thyroid medication.
    I get told fairly regularly that I don't look my age either. Usually when I have to show ID. My wife will tell you I damn sure don't act 54.....more like 14.....

I think that is a big key too. Staying young at heart and mind too. I never ever want to be the grumpy old guy.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 02-12-2024 at 03:33 PM.

2. Banned
    mentally no....physically yes

3. Member
    I used to feel younger than my age before a 2015 wreck. Not anymore.

Depends on the day. I'm not as active as I should be with a desk job. In summer I'm either fishing or golfing, but I don't walk the course anymore. Probably should, but have some knee issues, used to walk the course 90% of the time.

Cut 5 loads of brush of yesterday in 40 degree weather, really wasn't tiring.

Mentally I feel like I'm about 30 most days. When I look in the mirror I don't really know the grey haired guy looking back.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

5. Member
    66 some days I feel my age. Some days younger.

Only in the morning.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    A good friend and I had this discussion a few days ago. Both of us are in our 50s and are pretty active. Bith us agreed we feel much younger than we are physically. Neither of us feel wore out or overly tired. We both try to work outrl regularly and eat right etc. I think my job helps me in that regard too. I have times where I have to buckle down and get back on track but I rarely if ever feel like I am 54. I am in pretty good health all in all. Only medication I take is a thyroid medication.
    I get told fairly regularly that I don't look my age either. Usually when I have to show ID. My wife will tell you I damn sure don't act 54.....more like 14.....

I think that is a big key too. Staying young at heart and mind too. I never ever want to be the grumpy old guy.
    She thinks you act like 14? Did she catch you in the bathroom throwing ropes one too many times?

I’m pretty much the same way. I stay active and work keeps me on my toes. During warm weather around the house, activities also keeps me busy. But, there are days I feel tired regardless. Shift work is one of my minus points. Even after 30 years of it, your body never really recuperates. Sleep is tough on that up and down schedule. I think I get around quite well for my age, but I do have my days.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

9. Member
    No. I'm 35, and think I am in better shape than most guys my age. I eat right and work out 5-6 days per week. That being said, I can definitely tell I'm not 18 anymore either. Mentally I'm still wondering when I'm going to feel like an adult as well.

If you want to see how old you are, go play some full court basketball with guys in their 20's. I felt good through the 50's and into my early 60's. You get near 70 and that's when you'll realize you are an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    mentally no....physically yes
    Agreed...some days better than others
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

12. dartag1829
    Yep. Will be 69 Saturday. Fished an 8.5 hour BFL Saturday. Play Pickleball almost every day. These old bones are tired when I get up in the morning. Met an 85 year old co angler at the BFL. What a great guy and attitude. Shows ya to just keep at it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post

54, you are not old, wait until your 70's

14. Moderator
    I will be 40 in May. I mentally feel that old or older by physically I feel pretty good. Job keeps me stressed out and beat down. Eat mostly healthy and work out 3-5 days a week with running thrown in. I can outwork most of my sons high school friends without even trying.

15. Member
    Absolutely! Mentally I feel young but physically I sometimes feel much older than 56. 22 years of the Army was hard on my body. Typically don’t let it slow me down though.

I'm nearly 68 years old and my body feels it. My mind is as sharp as it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by posmallie View Post
    No. I'm 35, and think I am in better shape than most guys my age. I eat right and work out 5-6 days per week. That being said, I can definitely tell I'm not 18 anymore either. Mentally I'm still wondering when I'm going to feel like an adult as well.

You summed it up better than I did. I feel the same way.

One thing is I don't get too wiped out doing physical stuff. I might be a bit slower than I used to be but I don't feel limited. I know enough to be smart in how I lift any weight whether daily stuff or working out. Mentally I feel just fine though I admit I can tell a big difference Mentally when I am intermittent fasting. I feel sharper. It's one of the reasons I do it .ost of the time now.

18. Member
    I feel like I'm 25
    Eat like I'm 18
    Drink like I'm 21
    Pray like I'm 40
    and unfortunately sleep like the 50 yr old that I am. But i have not a single complaint.

The recently departed Toby Keith said in "Don't Let the Old Man In"...."my body's weathered and worn, ask yourself how old would you be, if you didn't know the day you were born".

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysfishing View Post
    54, you are not old, wait until your 70's

The plan is to keep doing my part on my way there. Sometimes life happens though which is why I take every day as a blessing. Life can change in an instant.

20. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I'm about 2.5 years into a lifestyle change that involves healthy eating and exercise. This has made me feel at least 15-20 years younger. At 53 I have the get up and go I have not seen for a long while. For those that have that middle age check engine light coming on I highly suggest a diet and exercise program to makes you feel better. Foods that help support nitric oxide and testosterone levels are essential once you get a few miles on the odometer.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast