Dale Hollow first timers

Howdy boys, my partner and I are looking to fish DH this coming weekend or the next. Is there a part of the lake that is best to target for LM/SM? Reason I ask is, I have an electric only 18' XPRESS bass boat that tops out about 8mph. At these speeds, I certainly can't cover much of the 27,000 acres. Our reservoirs here in MD are 2500-3500 that I can fish all day and cover the reservoir. If someone can help with a better part to fish that will also help me in picking the best BnB to rent. Thanks much!

Dam end is best for smallmouth. But you can catch them every where. I have caught more largemouth up around the dam area the last few years than I ever have in my life and have been fishing up there since the 80's. Try Mitchell creek very good usually this time of year.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    Dam end is best for smallmouth. But you can catch them every where. I have caught more largemouth up around the dam area the last few years than I ever have in my life and have been fishing up there since the 80's. Try Mitchell creek very good usually this time of year.
    +1 on Mitchell Creek. Ive caught some big fish in there and had a couple of big'uns break my heart
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 8plusW8 View Post
    Howdy boys, my partner and I are looking to fish DH this coming weekend or the next. Is there a part of the lake that is best to target for LM/SM? Reason I ask is, I have an electric only 18' XPRESS bass boat that tops out about 8mph. At these speeds, I certainly can't cover much of the 27,000 acres. Our reservoirs here in MD are 2500-3500 that I can fish all day and cover the reservoir. If someone can help with a better part to fish that will also help me in picking the best BnB to rent. Thanks much!
    That is very helpful, thank you Sir!

Big Jim is your new best friend. He just did a really good video covering Dale Hollow. You should definitely watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/live/U4Otlx3...DejL0P9AmUmo4Y
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

How did you do?
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude