Question 200 ProXL Lithium Upgrade

I finally switched over to lithium batteries this past weekend. Ditched the three 27 AGM's and 31 cranker, and lost over 150lbs. Now I imagine I'm going to have to chase my setup again, although I don't care about the speed as much as I used to.

For those that have done similar in their Stratos, how has the weight loss affected handling and the infamous "Stratos-lean"? I know hole shot will be fantastic now, since mine was already great. My bow is heavy with the Ultrex and other electronics, so I anticipate having to adjust engine height to help compensate for that. Looking for any feedback or advice on what you've experienced.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

2. Member
    Interesting. I took two 31AGM's out of the Port side put in two 100AH Chins. Probably took off 100 pounds. I get some side to side oscillation earlier than I used to, top speed is a little higher.

If I crank the wheel hard
    on some medium speed turns, I can look directly down at the water off my right shoulder, I can stand my Stratos on the rub rail making a Starboard turn if I want to.

Not quite as much on a Port turn.

3. Member
    Made the same changes and the only change I made was replacing the 3 blade prop with a 24 fury. Runs great

4. Member
    lower engine 1 inch to compensate for less weight in the rear to start
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

following. Hoping many more with this boat of a Javelin R20 has done the same.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    Making the move to lifepo4 too with my 2003 21XL Magnum. Dropped about 115lbs. Still got the big ‘ol 31 AGM X2, but the hole shot is much improved(my bow is loaded too).I haven’t had a chance to try out the top end yet. Hope to get out there soon before Lake Chickamauga gets overrun.

7. Member
    If set-up was good…..consider replacing lost weight in the same locations where you list it. Steel or aluminum bar cut to size of battery trays….ir backpack weights.

Cheaper & easier than chasing lost performance.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC