Poor WiFi Signal

One for the more technically minded (which I sadly am not!). Having problems with poor WiFi signal in the room furthest away from the router. Am I best to look at an extender (and if so any recommendations on good ones) - also been reading about a mesh network which seems more expensive, but no idea whether this would work for the presumably extra expense?
    Thanks in advance folks

2. Member
    I've always had issues with that and buffering. I had extenders from time to time but that wasn't the issue. Just last week, I had them come out to test my system. I ended up needing a new cable to the house and they also put the new mesh system. Prior to this, I was renting the modem and had my own router. With the mesh, they give you a modem and main EERO, no monthly charge. EEROs can be rented for 4.99 a month so since I was already paying 7.99 a month for the old modem, I decided to rent 2 EEROs and see how they work. Well so far, the system is awesome, no buffering and just how the TV navigates is way faster. I'll test it for another month or so and then return my rented EEROs and purchase them. There is no charge for cancelling them.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

3. Member
    We tried extenders for a few years through our DSL ATT internet, did not help any at all. Our problems went away when we got the Starlink internet dish system, any room in the house works just fine.

4. Member
    Recently purchased this....works great!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5. Member
    I had the same issue. My wifi router was old and couldn't add a satellite to it. Bought an eero from Bestbuy...main router and one satellite. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie150 View Post
    I had the same issue. My wifi router was old and couldn't add a satellite to it. Bought an eero from Bestbuy...main router and one satellite. Works great.
    ^^^^^^
    This… works great for me… I added 2 satellites and now strong wifi through out the house and my garage.

I added a Deco Mesh XE-75 system to my parents house as its kind of a weird layout with multiple extensions on it. The kit was around 400.00 and just used the existing router/wifi unit and disabled the wifi on the old router. My BIL used to work for a cabling company so he ran CAT6 cable to each location that we put the mesh in. They have a security cameras that broadcast to 3 different TVs and was constantly having issues with signal dropping. The system has worked great since adding that and getting rid of the repeaters.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

I've been very happy with our Google Mesh system. Pretty plug and play, minimal tech skills needed.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

9. Member
    Make sure your Network supplier has you on the strongest/fastest signal they offer. I know our supplier has a good/better/best offering. Good luck.

I use the Orbi system. Main router and two satellites. One is made for outdoors. Have five acres and strong wifi over the five acres.

11. Member
    Thanks a lot, guys! So many options to check out. Really appreciate all the feedback!
    Just downloaded wifi speed test on this app https://apps.apple.com/us/app/netspo...490247223?ls=7 and will be checking wifi speed in the different rooms and locations. That will help me to understand were do i need to put extenders and maybe change the location of the router.
    Last edited by RockOn; 02-14-2024 at 03:02 PM.

12. Member
    We got the mesh last week and it did not improve our buffering or getting totally kicked out of Hulu

13. Member
    I have an Orbi router. It is hardwired to the modem and they are 60 feet apart.
    I have an Orbi satellite and it is hardwired to the router, doing that makes an it extension of the router. It is no longer a receiver. There is no loss of bandwidth doing that.
    The router and the extension satellite are at opposite ends of my house.
    My shop is nearly 500 feet from the routers.
    It has an Orbie satellite in one of it's windows that faces the house.
    I get a consistent 100 Mbps in the shop and the Ring cameras up-load extremely fast.