Ghost / Mega 360 users - which version M360 did you choose?

For the Ghost owners with Mega 360 - are most choosing the Fortrex version m360 as it includes a mount that works on the non-rotating part of the Ghost shaft, same as the Fortrex? Or choosing the Ultrex version and going with some other mounting solution?

My first though was to get the Fortrex version - since it mounts to the Ghost shaft, and the shorter shaft seem like it would allow more flexibility with mounting an AT2 transducer (or two) as well. But have also read reports and some YT vids about the Fortrex mount not really working that well on the Ghost shaft, and that it may not place the m360 tranducer far enough away from the shaft for a lot of AT transducer mounts.

So now looking towards the ultrex version, and some form of aftermarket mount, ether a plate/adapter for the Ghost to mate up with the Ultrex shaft bracket, or the BFE 3 piece mount which looks really nice and adjustable. But is the Ultrex shaft version too long to accomdate AT tranducers on the Ghost (47" version)?

BFE mount

John Crews used the BFE mount on the Fortex version/shorter shaft as well...

2. Member
    I have the Ultrex version and use a BFE adapter plate to mount it to the Ghost. However my Ghost is a 52”. Think I have an extra BFE adapter plate if you’re interested.

3. Member
    I also have the Ultrex version and BFE mount, but my Ghost has a 47" shaft. Works well.

4. Member
    If you get an ultrex version it will bolt right on to the ghost as the bolt pattern for the plate included with the 360 is exactly the same
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

Ok great, sounds like Ultex version is the way to go - thanks all.

I guess I forgot about the 2nd part of my concern - running the longer Ultrex shaft version on a 47" Ghost, do you still have room for a shaft mounted AT transducer, or are you forced to run the motor head mount. Seems like most pic I see have the 360 transducer pretty close to the Motor head, not leaving much room for a shaft mounted AT/LS, eg...

7. Member
    Are you guys getting the 3 stabilizers kit from BFE or just adding a single stabilizer to the ultrex mount? 300+ seems alittle pricey for this
    2024 Phoenix 818 Pro, 175 Mercury Pro Xs,36V Lowrance Ghost, Fully padded front deck

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    I guess I forgot about the 2nd part of my concern - running the longer Ultrex shaft version on a 47" Ghost, do you still have room for a shaft mounted AT transducer, or are you forced to run the motor head mount. Seems like most pic I see have the 360 transducer pretty close to the Motor head, not leaving much room for a shaft mounted AT/LS, eg...

Not enough room to shaft mount the AT transducer with this setup. I have mine on a Rite Hite Turret. Works very well.

Resized.jpeg

I'm able to run the LVS-34 on a shaft mount. But, I can't flip it to perspective. I'd have to change some stuff around if I wanted to do that. But 360 works for me for that view, so I'm not really concerned about it atm.

Re the BFE mount - yes I bought the BFE mount, but it replaces the "Fortrex" mount, which is not very secure on the Ghosts for whatever reason.