Question 2008 Etec 225ho parts availability?

I’m researching a boat with a 2008 HO motor. I know BRP went out of business. How hard is it to get parts for this motor? Where would they be available? Last question, I think I read that the best/problem free lower units were M2’s. It that correct and how do I determine what L/U is on the motor?
    Thanks in advance for all information and help.

2. Member
    BRP has not gone out of business. They are still sellling all the parts for Evinrude. They only closed the engine brand.
    tell us the model number of the engine. It is very possible the engine had the lighting lower unit replaced with the magnum lower unit. He magnum lower will have a straight leading edge and water inlet holes in the nose of the bullet.

The L1 has the bullet shaped LU and has cast holes on the side for the water pick up. The L2 has the same shape LU but the water pick-ups are black plastic inserts.
    There is nothing wrong with the L1 or L2 and is faster than the Magnums. The Magnums are stouter though.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

4. Member
    Thanks guys for all of the information. The best I can determine (from pics) is that the L/U is most likely the L1. I will make contact with the seller to get the serial number. The motor is a 225HO on a Champion 200 elite hull. Will the way the water comes off the hull have an effect on the L/U reliability? I’m not familiar with the motor or hull so I’m trying to do my research to attempt to limit my financial risk. I know…. There’s no guarantee on anything mechanical. I’ve been in this sport a lot of years.
    Thanks again for all of your input and help.

Thats a great rig, I wouldn't be scared of it after a full boat/motor inspection and Diag read out of course.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I have a 2008 HO and have not had an issue getting any parts. This includes a new power head this winter…