Prop for new motor

Hey everyone. Looking for some help on what prop i should be running. I have a 2009 pro-craft 210 super pro that had a 225 optimax that ran a 25p tempest. Well that motor caught fire and i just placed a new 250 pro xs 4 stroke on and I'm looking to see what prop i need to buy. It seems most of these motors run a 24 fury but I'm hesitant as i had this prop before the tempest and would run 10 mph slower. I know it’s a completely different motor and looking for any input before i order.
    thanks in advance
    Chris
    ProCraft 210 sp
    Mercury 225 opti pro xs

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    Hey everyone. Looking for some help on what prop i should be running. I have a 2009 pro-craft 210 super pro that had a 225 optimax that ran a 25p tempest. Well that motor caught fire and i just placed a new 250 pro xs 4 stroke on and I'm looking to see what prop i need to buy. It seems most of these motors run a 24 fury but I'm hesitant as i had this prop before the tempest and would run 10 mph slower. I know it’s a completely different motor and looking for any input before i order.
    thanks in advance
    Someone with an identical set up might chime in and give you some good advice. I would at least consider running the same Tempest prop you had on the Optimax (you might need a new 1.25" hub for it) just to get a baseline rpm and speed. That would at least give you some guidance on which pitch and perhaps which type of prop would be better.
    2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare
    2019 Mercury 300R Serial# 1E080852
    1.75 TorqueMaster
    25 Bravo FS / 24 ProMax

3. Member
    Thanks, thats not a bad idea. I think ill give it a try. Hopefully i can get out there soon to break in the motor
    Chris
    ProCraft 210 sp
    Mercury 225 opti pro xs

23 Fury 3, 24 will not be likely to get 6200 rpm as recommended for that motor.
    Thank You Leon Pugh