Navarre Beach Fishing Pier

Any recommendations for best timing to fish the Navarre Pier this spring?

I am wondering if it is worth traveling down in late Feb or March. I fish for bass most of the year, but like to hit the salt once in a while. It is quite a drive from TN.

2. Member
    Cobia (Ling) season begins late March and the month of April into early May. That time also brings on the Pompano, Spanish Mackeral, an ocasional Red Drum. If the water temps get in the low to mid 70's you will see a few King Mackeral starting to show up with the larger ones being the first to arrive. June and July will see Bonito, King and Spanish Mackeral, Tarpon, Cobia, Jack Cravalle, Blue Runners, Skip Jack, Flounder, and a few others. Pier is usually crowded in April. Be careful walking around the pier and try to stay on the rail. You will quickly find out it can be dangerous walking behind people casting as the anglers sometimes do not look to see who is behind them sometimes and a 4 ounce lead Cobia jig with a large hook in it can be very painful if hit by one.

3. Member
    Thanks. I was thinking about a Feb trip, but will likely wait until April. Bass fishing is great in TN in April, so always a tough choice.

I have fished the Gulf Shores AL pier with great results, but it is closed for repairs.