Lure blank lip broke…junk it?

I just got done painting a Blitz EX DR knockoff blank. As I was removing the tape from the lip, it snapped in two. I have no idea how or why since I wasn’t putting a lot of pressure on it. It broke about a 1/4 inch in front of the connection to the body. Can this be fixed with super glue or epoxy, or am I better off just junking it? I realize it’s only a couple of bucks, but it was my first attempt at a craw pattern and I thought it turned out pretty well, so I wanted to save it if possible.

I wouldn't trust epoxy/glue fishing a tournament... But maybe fun fishing. Might lose a fish of a lifetime though.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Kind of what I was thinking too, Mike. But since I’d never repaired a lip before I figured I’d ask. Must have just had a weak spot in it. Oh well, it’s the first bad blank I’ve gotten so far out of 40-50.

Glue it back on and just put it on the shelf to remember your first craw pattern.

Make a keychain out of it

Glue it back and fish it. What’s to loose at this point.

7. Member
    I super glued it back together and after it dried I tried to intentionally break the lip. I was putting quite a bit of pressure on it and it wasn’t flexing and it didn’t break. I was dipping some baits in KBS today so I went ahead and dipped it. I don’t fish tournaments and I think I’m just going to try my luck with fishing it. If it breaks, it breaks I guess. Like Mike said, I just hope if it does it isn’t on a giant. Fingers crossed.

Show us pics

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

9. Member
    Not fantastic, but I didn’t think it was bad for a first attempt, especially with how much I’ve struggled with stencils. Wish I had some solid black eyes, but I don’t so I just used what I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks really nice to me.

11. Member
    It looks great, but I would be afraid to throw it with the superglued lip. Nice job though.

12. Member
    It does look really nice, but line tie on the lip, I'd say you can pretty much kiss it goodbye at some point. Looks sweet though.

13. Member
    Decided to try stressing the lip again this morning since the KBS top coat is cured...wound up cracking under the top coat. So, looks like I won't be fishing with it after all. Oh well, better to know now rather than lose a big fish because of it.