Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Even Poche Live Scoping

Never would of believed it.

2. Member
    Didn’t he live scope a deep water back area on the Sabine River last year?
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

I read that the top 10 finishers at the latest BPT were scoping. We've got a BFL coming to Table Rock next week, I'd say there's about a 99% chance the winner will be scoping. It is what it is.

4. Member
    So guys will complain about him jumping dams and now FFS.

He's no 1 trick pony

5. Member
    Do you think they will eventually ban livescope?

6. Member
    He said he can live but he don't want to. Now if Cox does it then there's no one left.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunno View Post
    He said he can live but he don't want to. Now if Cox does it then there's no one left.
    he must do it some. He has one on his boat

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mperry View Post
    Nope. Not a chance.

9. Member
    Ban completely, no

Incorporate restrictions, yes.

a few local clubs have banned it. Now these are just the good ol boy/retiree clubs that’s more about feeding a competitive side amongst friends. A bunch of people said that would be a death kneel for them with how clubs have been struggling to attract members in this area and only serious bass fisherman join clubs. Along with anyone who is serious about bass fishing will buy FFS regardless of how much it costs.

The clubs who banned it saw a big increase in membership numbers while the others keep declining
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

10. Member
    Nope, too much sponsor money involved. Lowrance, Hummingbird, and Garmin would not be happy if the big tours banned it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Nope. Not a chance.
    Then will they still call it fishing?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Nope. Not a chance.
    I do think it will be limited in some way. Once viewership goes down and advertisers start to drop, then they will be forced to do something about it. This year will be the breaking point, because it’s completely dominated so far and all the tournaments will basically be clones of one another in how they are fished and won. Gotta have some diversity to keep folks tuned in.

13. Member
    End of days…. We still have John Cox.

14. Member
    Nope not everyone is doing it. I ain’t. Just because I don’t have one yet! I am waiting for my ship to come in but will probably be at the airport when it does.

15. Member
    I bet I put a livescope bundle in a cart to buy 10 times in the last several months. I just can't make myself hit the buy button for 3-4k. Not worth it to me. And yes if the tournaments I fish start getting dominated by FFS I'll be out.

16. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    FFS will never be banned at the pro level and I'm not sure how or if restrictions will or can be effectively applied. Maybe you guys have said on here before? All I know is that I don't tournament fish and love my livescope. Hard to fish without it now and have caught more schooling fish and fish on structure than I ever did before. Going on five years with it now and still learn something new and about fish behavior every time I'm out. SI can get you there too but LVS will help you zero in on water that you probably would have never cast to. Do I still power fish in places where livescope is not at its best or beneficial? Absolutely. I don't spend all day staring at the screen and have fun catching fish either way

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    FFS will never be banned at the pro level and I'm not sure how or if restrictions will or can be effectively applied. Maybe you guys have said on here before? All I know is that I don't tournament fish and love my livescope. Hard to fish without it now and have caught more schooling fish and fish on structure than I ever did before. Going on five years with it now and still learn something new and about fish behavior every time I'm out. SI can get you there too but LVS will help you zero in on water that you probably would have never cast to. Do I still power fish in places where livescope is not at its best or beneficial? Absolutely. I don't spend all day staring at the screen and have fun catching fish either way
    It won't be banned but I will guarantee after this year it will be limits of how many you will be allowed to have. This year has gotten really stupid. The Elite series pro's boat I rigged this year is ridiculous 7 graphs with 4 FFS units.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

18. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    It won't be banned but I will guarantee after this year it will be limits of how many you will be allowed to have. This year has gotten really stupid. The Elite series pro's boat I rigged this year is ridiculous 7 graphs with 4 FFS units.
    Yes that is a bit ridiculous. I can see restrictions limiting use to one FFS unit. The older guys wearing NB's will not be able to keep up or compete with the information overload past that

19. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Every legitimate sport has limited technology at some point. If fishing is a legitimate sport, then it will do the same.

20. Member
    If Wesley was doing it there’s hope for everyone.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast