Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And this is exactly why I have been thinking more and more about concentrating on smaller, non-tournament lakes especially on the weekends.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

The last time that I fished Guntersville was about 10 years ago and I said never again. We had no clue that there were 3 big tournaments going on at the same time. We were there for 2 days while right at 1,000 tournament boats were on the water. Throw in several hundred locals and it was a mess. Now Guntersville is a big lake but when it's during the spawn it can get pretty small in a hurry.

3. Member
    Guntersville is great fishing deep,shallow road beds, weeds and more weeds,boat houses,rip rap, stomps,ledges,creek channels. And I’ll echo very crowded. The ramps are what can get to be a mess no parking. Tournaments setting up in the middle of everything. Tournament needs to schedule around each other…..(knowing that won’t happen). I’ll be there.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    The last time that I fished Guntersville was about 10 years ago and I said never again. We had no clue that there were 3 big tournaments going on at the same time. We were there for 2 days while right at 1,000 tournament boats were on the water. Throw in several hundred locals and it was a mess. Now Guntersville is a big lake but when it's during the spawn it can get pretty small in a hurry.
    Same thing I said, never again. Haven’t been there since 2010, the whole 3 or 4 days I was there was within casting distance of other boats in any direction.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Good Thinking

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    Yep will be like that every week until the Fall. It’s guntersville lol
    No thanks...

7. Member
    I used to go every March or April with my wife and kiddos to my father in laws near Guntersville. It was never as bad as y'all make it out to be for me, plenty of water to fish.

One lake I definitely want to hit sometime

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

9. Member
    I lived in Sardis City Al. from 2010-2013. Things must have changed since then. Unless there was a big tx on Guntersviille the lake was rarely crowded and the ramps were never backed up. I live on Kissimmee now and it gets crowded this time of year.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    BFL and Toyota series on that lake the next 2 weekends.
    That's OK. They create their own crowds to fish in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12