Engine repair and boat registration

Hope someone can help me with two questions:

1. Boat has been sitting since 2018 or so. I normally try to do repairs on my own, but thinking about taking this to the shop. I have heard good things about Sherm’s, wondering if any other good mechanics closer to Bloomington area, and also wondering if anyone has any idea what it would cost to get carbs cleaned, motor checked out and running again. 1988 200 hp Merc.
    2. Wondering also if anyone has had any experience getting a boat registered that hasn’t been registered for many years. We have an old aluminum boat we would haul in the truck for small places, would like to get it registered again but heard this can be expensive.

Thanks for any help and advice you can provide.

2. Member
    Chucky Saunders, at Pine Grove Marine in Bloomington, is who I would seriously consider for an ‘88 Mercury. Boat show is around the corner, so mechanics at shops that sell boats are going to be extremely busy soon, but Honey Creek (Bargersville) and Perry Marine (Cannelton) have good mechanics.

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Sherm is a top notch Mercury tech. I'd highly recommend him. I live two hours away from his shop, but always have him do all the work on my engine as well as my boat, if anything needs work.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

4. Member
    Thanks Billius, I appreciate it. I have ordered parts from them and the service guy was good to deal with

5. Member
    Sherm’s is a LONG way from Bloomington.

6. Member
    Thanks, I thought it was in Anderson but it is probably an hour further than that. I will probably call Chuckie if I don’t do it myself. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I appreciate it

7. Member
    You might try Northside marine in Anderson.

8. Member
    Anderson is 2 hours from Bloomington, IF Indy traffic plays nice.

9. Member
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it.