Thread: 99 203 set up

99 203 set up

99 203 with 250 mercury 2 stroke 6" at las jp 25 non worked tempest getting 64 at 5800rpm this should run 70's easy ,getting plent lift and holeshot is great,started at 3 1\2 ptp worked it up and down still the same what am i missing ?

2. Member
    18% prop slip, bad prop is the place to start there. Should be ~10% less than that. Have that prop blueprinted or try a known good 25/26 tempest.

In my experience these are really weight sensitive. Mine will have a 5 mph swing by moving 30lb from the front compartments to the back. They also need all the trim they can get. Trim extenders are worth trying out.

3.25" PTP is the sweet spot with my 225 EFI.

3. Member
    thanks ive heard of the prop slip ,do u know anyone that has tried a 25 fury am wondering about that.
    Last edited by Dave Lee; 02-09-2024 at 08:10 AM.

4. Member
    I have tried a few different fury's on mine. It doesn't lift the bow as well as a tempest. These hulls need as much bow lift as possible, they don't want to run flat. Tempest is definitely the wheel.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    I have tried a few different fury's on mine. It doesn't lift the bow as well as a tempest. These hulls need as much bow lift as possible, they don't want to run flat. Tempest is definitely the wheel.
    +1

6. Member
    Agree tempest is the prop for these! I run one on my 196 with a yamaha. Thx to Hydrotec it will run!!

7. Member
    You're only 2 hours from Steve's Custom Props. Give Josh a call and let him get your prop dialed in. He was able to wake up a couple of different Champs for me over the years.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    You're only 2 hours from Steve's Custom Props. Give Josh a call and let him get your prop dialed in. He was able to wake up a couple of different Champs for me over the years.
    will do thanks

9. Member
    The Yamaha M series is also a killer 3 blade for our champions, it will get you better bow lift than a tempest.