Tackle shops around Jacksonville

Headed to Jacksonville this weekend to visit my Dad while he's going through treatments at the Mayo clinic. Any cool tackle shops in the Jacksonville area I could check out in my free time?
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

2. Member
    Strike Zone is the only one I can think of the rest are all chain stores like Academy and Sportsmans Warehouse.
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Electronics at helm and up front
    Pulled by my truck

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassnPhoenix920 View Post
    Strike Zone is the only one I can think of the rest are all chain stores like Academy and Sportsmans Warehouse.
    Thanks
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

4. Member
    Strike Zone is a cool place but it is mostly geared towards saltwater... it is close to mayo though. I wish we had a real life freshwater tackle shop other than the chain stores.
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebone View Post
    Strike Zone is a cool place but it is mostly geared towards saltwater... it is close to mayo though. I wish we had a real life freshwater tackle shop other than the chain stores.
    I’ve never been to sportsman’s warehouse so I’ll probably go check it out.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    I’ve never been to sportsman’s warehouse so I’ll probably go check it out.
    Hell I didn't even know we had a Sportsmans Warehouse... looks like it's in the old Gander Mountain location on the Northside. Will have to check it out myself.

7. Member
    Did the Bass Pro Shop that was supposed to be south of Jacksonville ever happen? I assume not from the previous posts
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

Quote Originally Posted by RangerJim View Post
    Did the Bass Pro Shop that was supposed to be south of Jacksonville ever happen? I assume not from the previous posts
    Negative, keeps getting pushed out. And the location has moved at least once. Latest I think is that it is expected to open in 2024, but it's been pushed out so many times for multiple reasons over the years who knows really. Going on 12 years now iirc.

TBH, I am not that big of a BPS fan, but they are handy if you have to have something for a T tomorrow, etc. But normally I prefer TT, TW, LBF, etc. As mentioned ealier, Strike Zone is a nice store, but mostly salt water oriented. Not sure about that Sportsmans Warehouse that opened on the northside though.

9. Member
    The bass pro is being built next to Costco and buc e e s in saint Augustine . The sportsman’s whose is in the old gander mountain building up by the airport. They have some stuff but not real good.

Quote Originally Posted by cg2fish View Post
    The bass pro is being built next to Costco and buc e e s in saint Augustine . The sportsman’s whose is in the old gander mountain building up by the airport. They have some stuff but not real good.
    Oh wow that is very different... first it was going to be at the 95/9B interchange, then it moved to Durbin Park Phase III, then World Golf Village, now World Commerce lol...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Oh wow that is very different... first it was going to be at the 95/9B interchange, then it moved to Durbin Park Phase III, then World Golf Village, now World Commerce lol...
    Same locations that I had seen proposed in the past. The World Commerce I wasnt aware of.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/news/...-county-store/
    Last edited by RangerJim; 02-09-2024 at 03:04 PM.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

12. Member
    Sportsman’s warehouse was just okay but Strike Zone was pretty cool even with it being mostly saltwater.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WStorey View Post
    Sportsman’s warehouse was just okay but Strike Zone was pretty cool even with it being mostly saltwater.
    Strike Zone has more what I would call Florida specific baits where Sportsman's Warehouse is a typical chain store.
    Bass Boat