Thread: SMCI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    So with all of the run ups in the chip sector I guess the next logical question is when do we trim or sell them? I am sitting on big gains in AVGO and seriously considering trimming the position.

Well I sold all mine at $422 after it doubled in about 3 weeks. Missed the runup to $1,000, and another $144,000 in gains. I added another smaller position, that I'm just going to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    So with all of the run ups in the chip sector I guess the next logical question is when do we trim or sell them? I am sitting on big gains in AVGO and seriously considering trimming the position.

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post

You've got earnings coming up.........good luck on your decision.

I'm young enough and maybe dumb enough, I would hold into earnings. I think we are closer to the beginning than the end of the AI move.
    Thanos was the hero

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    You've got earnings coming up.........good luck on your decision.

I'm young enough and maybe dumb enough, I would hold into earnings. I think we are closer to the beginning than the end of the AI move.
    I'm holding through earnings but may just trim a few shares. I like the company so don't want to be out of it just thinking about maybe taking a little profit.

Ouch
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12