LIV Golf Broadcast

Watched a little of the LIV broadcast from Mayacopa, Mexico. It was the first I have seen broadcasted and thought I would check it out.
    On the CW channel which was the last one on the youtubetv guide.

Lots of chatter that I muted or sped through-lots about team play.
    They wear the same team shirts.
    The music blairs and then thumps in the background constantly-making listening to announcers a pain if you even want to listen.
    I can't imagine playing professional golf for 5 hours listening to a constant assault on your hearing sensation.
    Shorts on golfers give it a casual attitude.
    Crowd walking down each fairway following players seemed to make a few players nervous -probably worrying about potential wackos out there.
    Worst of all was the color coded score board always present on screen-with lettering that was so small it was unreadable even on my 85" tv.
    The golf play seemed to be a sideshow during the broadcast.

Maybe it gets better but it definitely is different.
    Hard to follow for me and I lost interest fairly quickly.

Update: I did manage to get it back on while reading bbc with the sound off and peeked at it occasionally. It did get better at the end with a playoff between Sergio and Neiman-4 holes at dark-after Rahm finished bogey/bogey.
    At least the music was turned off towards the end and during the playoff.
    Best camera moment was Sergio and his daughter watching Neiman finish regular play.
    Last edited by Bearetta; 02-06-2024 at 10:56 AM.

2. Member
    I also watched some on YT and tried to have an open mind. Pretty much same opinion. Background music is annoying. Announcers are over the top 'LIV' marketing, but guess it's their job to pump up the product.

Golf is good, but feels & looks like an exhibition. Pat Perez would be off the PGAT now and is making $100G's each tournament for finishing nearly dead last. How can you take it serious when 1/3 field would struggle on the Korn Ferry Tour.

Say what you want, the top player guys are there for the easy money, money, money. No cuts and really only 1/2 field is up to their talent.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    LIV will evolve over time. All of the tv coverage for professional golf sucks nowadays.

4. Member
    I don't dislike watching golf on TV anymore today than years past, but probably have it muted more than ever. Prefer watching the DP, KFT, LPGA, or college more than the PGAT. Same with football, give me college over the NFL any day.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

5. Member
    I wish they had a button to mute announcers with audio from the course to hear, fans, players and golf balls.
    i don’t need or care for the yakkin.
    Same for football, etc.
    all announcers should be optional to the viewer.
    if ESPN can do two broadcasts of the same game, maybe a third with no announcers should be made available to us viewers. It might be more popular than the other two.