Thread: Ugliest Boats?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Member
    2 votes for teal

2. Member
    Those 1994 era Astros are butt ugly. Before the F20’s.
    Today’s Vexus look similar. And so they are also.

3. Member
    Call me an outlier, I like them all, every brand, every color. Some people can go into a store of choosing, and spend hours looking at everything without spending a dime. Put me in a parking lot or launch ramp full of bass boats, and I'm hooked. Even the craziest color combinations, I'm admiring how it's rigged for the particular owner, how it's detailed, fit and finish, everything. I'm a sucker for the species.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judson1 View Post
    Those 1994 era Astros are butt ugly. Before the F20’s.
    Today’s Vexus look similar. And so they are also.
    I agree. That's exactly what the Vexus reminded me of when they came out.

5. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Bayliner and the old Cobra boats from back in the day. As far as new ones go, Vexus takes the cake in the fiberglass line. They are just fugly! They remind me of the old Astros as far as a side view goes.

FUGLY.jpg

I was at a loss for words when I saw this.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Call me an outlier, I like them all, every brand, every color. Some people can go into a store of choosing, and spend hours looking at everything without spending a dime. Put me in a parking lot or launch ramp full of bass boats, and I'm hooked. Even the craziest color combinations, I'm admiring how it's rigged for the particular owner, how it's detailed, fit and finish, everything. I'm a sucker for the species.
    You aren't the only one. I like them all and can appreciate the details of each, except maybe the Bayliner. A buddy bought one new and it was POS from day one. I even appreciate the crazy paint schemes though not for me. Had another buddy that was an ex auto body painter that painted shark teeth like the p51 mustang (I think) on his bow. Again, not for me but I could appreciate the work.

Quote Originally Posted by wishinforabullet View Post
    I feel bad for any Vexus or Basscat owners going through this.
    It’s ok. We have had both. I love my Vexus and I have yet to have anyone that sees it in person dislike it. Plus it has a really great ride which is what I wanted.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John B. View Post
    It’s ok. We have had both. I love my Vexus and I have yet to have anyone that sees it in person dislike it. Plus it has a really great ride which is what I wanted.
    i saw one in person and actually liked it they almost looks like a walleye boat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishinforabullet View Post
    i saw one in person and actually liked it they almost looks like a walleye boat.
    Great Walleye boats !

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    FUGLY.jpg

Loks like that belongs near an early 90s asphalt basketball court with chain nets.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishnPicker View Post
    About twenty years ago there was a BBC member that had recarpeted his boat, only he ran the carpet up the inside of the gunnels, over the cap and all the way to the rub rail. I seem to recall the boat was a Tide Craft maybe, but it wouldn't have mattered what the brand was after that, uh, modification.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Loks like that belongs near an early 90s asphalt basketball court with chain nets.
    LOL

14. Member
    FUGLY.jpg

Rick Pierce chimed in on that one a while back. Apparently the owner was a big fan of the "Joker" or something to that affect. To each their own, but that boat is absolutely hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Rick Pierce chimed in on that one a while back. Apparently the owner was a big fan of the "Joker" or something to that affect. To each their own, but that boat is absolutely hideous.
    To each their own but if that was the case I think I would just choose a good combo then wrap it for something weird. I think that will be a hard sell down the road.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

16. Member
    To each their own but if that was the case I think I would just choose a good combo then wrap it for something weird. I think that will be a hard sell down the road.
    100%

17. Goby King
    Not that they're ugly, but I just can't get excited about bass boats in general. I prefer multi species boats. I like to be in a boat, not on it, especially on Erie, Ontario and the Niagara River.

18. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    Not that they're ugly, but I just can't get excited about bass boats in general. I prefer multi species boats. I like to be in a boat, not on it, especially on Erie, Ontario and the Niagara River.
    This is true ,I own a 22 foot bass boat and after fishing out of the deep Vs with so much room i ask myself all the time why do we want a bass boat with 2 seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Too much red.

Too much gold.

Tan carpet.

Fake wood grain dash trim.

Hunter Green or forest green.

Maroon.

Those are a few of my dislikes in a boat.
    I agree with the wood grain crap, it's hideous in my opinion.
    I went to most likely buy a truck a few years back. I got there and thought Oh Yea this is it, opened tge door saw fake woodgrain crap everywhere! Closed the door and left. Im not spending good money for something that I will have to stop and buy a can of spray bomb to paint the trim panels. Lol
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

20. Banned
    no one said basscat?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast