Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I just found a $50 bill. Have you found more then you've lost?

Found it walking into work. It was crumbled up in a tight ball. I actually thought it was liter so picked it up to throw it away. To my surprise it's a $50 bill. Just checked it and it's real.

I've found way more money over the years then I've lost. I'll keep an ear open if anyone lost some cash but with multiple shifts and 100s of people walking this area I doubt I'll find it's rightful owner but I will try.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I’ve found a few $20 over the years and as far as I know I’ve not lost any. I expect I’m on the positive side of the ledger.

3. Member
    I seem to find money every 2-3 months. I do walk a lot so I’m covering ground. Never found a $50

4. Member
    I found 15.00 folded up, 17.00 blowing around a railroad track and 15.00 in a parking lot. My daughter found a 100.00 bill in a parking lot just before Christmas a few years ago.

I still pick up pennies.... I lost $800.00 once in my wallet. It was returned to me at my house by a nice, honest girl. I had to make her take $100.00... She fought me hard.

There have been a few similar things that have happened to my family.... It's never wrong to do the right thing.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I've lost a wallet with 300-400
    And once I lost wad (was buying a Computer) It think it was 700
    Found maybe a couple hundred over a life time

7. Member
    I found about $400 cash if I remember correctly, in a Costco. I turned it in to the management. They called me a few months later, said nobody claimed it and said I should pick it up from them, which I did.

8. Member
    I've never lost any money, but I find change regularly. Also found a $100 bill going to Target in the parking lot several years ago. Right before this past Christmas I found a wallet with couple hundred a drivers license and credit cards. I turned it into the police. This wasn't a find but I was at a hot dog checkout counter behind this kid that was about 19 years old. He paid for his order and had 98 cents given back to him. He turned around and asked me if I wanted the change. I said no that was his. He said if I didn't want it he was going to throw it in the garbage can as he doesn't keep change. I said I would take it and he gladly gave it to me and walked away.
    Practice, practice and more practice, and if you think you're good practice some more (Cadman circa2006)

9. Member
    Was out fishing Big Rideau Lake about 5 years ago.
    Started dropshotting in an area for Smallies by busy channel.
    Looked over to my right, said to my buddy, move the boat over there, picked up a $20.00 bill
    2 minutes later look over to my left , spot a $10.00 bill which was retrieved.
    Couple minutes later look ahead of where we are fishing, a $5.00 bill catches my eye, retrieved this also.
    Figured it must've blown out or off of a big boat.
    One good thing about Canadian Money, it has the ability to float in water, Does your American paper money float?

10. Member
    I was calling on a customer when I found a wad of bills in the parking lot. It added up to $354.00. I gave it to the owner of the business who did not say a word and stuffed it in his pocket. Was it his? I will never know? Was he grateful? I will never know as he said nothing.

Cant remember losing money but do remember a thousand dollar I phone flying out of the boat on a run.

11. Member
    Yep......... we were driving down Main St. in my town and I noticed what looked like a dollar bill float up from the pavement from the wind the car in front of us made... we were riding 2 in our patrol car that night... my buddy approached the car for the traffic stop and I walked over and picked up a hundred dollar bill!!! That was in the early 80's when the $100 went further...
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

I found 2 $100 dollars bills at the mall when I was a kid. Split it with my brother.
    I also found $280 in $20 dollar bills at a boat ramp. It was really windy and the were stuck to some bushes by the wind.
    I found $2 bill while fishing a Florida lake in my boat. It was on tbe edge of some weeds on the shore line.
    One Time I was fishing in my pond hopper. I was a couple hundred feet from shore fishing a hump.
    It was 5 to 6 feet deep. There were some bass beds as it was spawning time. I looked down and there was a $1 dollar bill laying on the bottom of the lake.I dragged my rod tip over it and grabbed it.
    I still have the $1 bill and the $2 bill .

20180603_131311.jpg

20180603_131207(0).jpg
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

13. Member
    found 3 100 dollar bills crumpled up by my truck one day. someone had a bad day probably pulled their keys out and lost them. Thats why I dont crumple my money it goes into my wallet that way i lose everything.

Was at the ATM in my corner 7-11 store and looked down and there's a $100 bill just laying there. The ATM only dispenses 20's. I thought for a moment about turning it into the store clerk in case the person returned to find it but one judgmental look at the studded and tattooed guy behind the counter reversed my moment of honesty and I stuck it in my pocket.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

15. Member
    I found a bag of weed stashed under carpeting when working on a prominent at the time attorney after removing a center console to do some dash work. Showed my boss & asked if I should call the cops. It ended up getting put back where I found it after work was completed. Don't know if boss ever mentioned it to him or not.

16. Member
    Find a buck or a five here and there but never the motherlode...........have lost a couple bucks through the years but nothing more than a couple bucks.

17. Banned
    I lose money every time I fish a tournament.

18. Member
    I found an envelope with 4,000.00 cash and a bank deposit slip that included a phone number in the address line.

I was able to connect the person it belonged to. He was shocked when I told him I would bring it to him.

Offered me a reward and I refunded to take anything. Again, he was shocked.

Told him my reward was in doing the right thing and seeing the smile on his face.

Another time found a wallet with 400.00, credit cards and a business card.

Was able to return it to the owner.

19. Member
    Received an extra $200 from a bank drive thru and noticed as I was driving off. Went back inside and they had to shut the teller window down to count. Was not on my receipt. The girl at the window was very thankful so worth it.

My dad lost his wallet at an outlet mall. Had about $800 in it. Knew he was hosed. Later the next day local farmer called and said one of his employees found his wallet and he could pick it up at their office. So I rode with him to get it. Got to the office and secretary handed it to him and he checked and all his cards and cash were still inside.
    He asked if could talk to the employee that found it. The farmer took us out to the fields and introduced my dad to the employee that found it. He thanked him and gave the employee $400. Half of it. On the way home I said that was quite a finders fee. My dad said he was lucky the guy that found it was honest and was cheap price to get all his cards and identification back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast