Lowrance Ghost Directional arrow indicator

Hey Everyone. I am having problems with my Directional Arrow Indicator not tracking properly (as many Ghost owners are). I have looked up several videos on this and it seems to be a problem with many units. I have thought of purchasing the aftermarket BFE fix, but I am trying to save some money. If the best fix is to purchase the BFE true arrow kit, I will do that, but I wanted to get everyone's thoughts. What is everyone doing to correct this problem? My unit is a 2023 36v Ghost Trolling Motor and I believe I have all the updates installed. Thanks.

I don't run a Ghost but from what I understand the BFE arrow is the only fix right now. The good news is that it works 100%.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

3. Member
    There is a hack on Youtube that involves taking the cover off the head and epoxying something.

Mag pointer is a fail for sure - lags behind and never seems to be aligned correctly. There are several options for fixing it ranging from free to $300. Free options are yellow zip tie or marker flag, budget fix is gluing magnet, mid cost fix is AMP Arrow or Sonar Pros C-Stick, high dollar and best fix is BFE's Tru Arrow fix.

5. Member
    I light coat of food grade silicone grease on all contact points keeps it moving freely.

6. Member
    I love my ghost but I hate this issue. I have the amp arrow and it helps but it is still difficult to see. I am not willing to spend the money for the permanent fix.

7. Member
    I’m gonna give this solution a whirl.

2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!

8. Member
    Thank you for posting this. I too will be giving this a try

Quote Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
    I’m gonna give this solution a whirl.

That's actually the "official" solution from Lowarnce. It's really only if you have the "jerky" arrow or "lagging behind then popping back into alignment" issue. If you are consistently mis-aligned, then this won't help you any. But it's worth a shot, and was one of my regular maintenace items for the Ghost before I installed the Tru Arrow.

10. Member
    Bought the BFE True Arrow a couple of months ago now, and it is indeed the real deal. Had to suck it up and come to grips with the cost, but at this point I’m not looking back as my Ghost now works as it should have from the start. Panning and micro-movements are now possible.

11. Member
    Going to go out and take a look at mine today to clean it out. Thanks for the info.