Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD BOB View Post
    A local tackle store at one time had a monthly contest for big bass. I very good friend caught one over six pounds on a Sunday and brought it home for the contest. I met him for coffee at al restaurant Monday morning. He of course told me about the fish. When the store opened he took it in to be weighed. While he was at the store I went to his Mercury outboard shop and picked up several spark plugs that had Mercury on them.
    Later in the morning I went to the store and the owner removed the fish from the freezer and I inserted the spark plugs and the fish went back into the freezer. At the end of the month he showed up to get his $100 gift. Of course I had told all of his friends about the joke. When some one filed a protest the fish was cut open and the spark plugs fell out. I thought my (now x friend) would pass out. All of the rest of us had a great laugh.
    That's not funny and I understand why he is an X friend.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    #41Today, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by OLD BOB
    A local tackle store at one time had a monthly contest for big bass. I very good friend caught one over six pounds on a Sunday and brought it home for the contest. I met him for coffee at al restaurant Monday morning. He of course told me about the fish. When the store opened he took it in to be weighed. While he was at the store I went to his Mercury outboard shop and picked up several spark plugs that had Mercury on them.
    Later in the morning I went to the store and the owner removed the fish from the freezer and I inserted the spark plugs and the fish went back into the freezer. At the end of the month he showed up to get his $100 gift. Of course I had told all of his friends about the joke. When some one filed a protest the fish was cut open and the spark plugs fell out. I thought my (now x friend) would pass out. All of the rest of us had a great laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    That's not funny and I understand why he is an X friend.
    It sure isn’t funny at all that’s a sorry thing to do to someone whom you considered a good friend. You are fortunate he was nice enough not to inflict any bodily harm that you were certainly deserving. Guess having one “Great Laugh” was worth losing the benefits of having a good friend for many years.

3. Member
    The ones in on the joke might know better, but I’m betting there were several completely unaware it was a joke.

Jokes like that are why I don’t include my real name in online profiles. Some people gotta take things too far and targets can be affected well beyond just the circle of friends.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

So the owner of the store who was running the contest pulled the fish out of the freezer for you so you could put spark plugs inside it ? ... unless it's just me, a few things just don't add up, mainly the fact that it would be damn near impossible to get a spark plug down the gullet of a fresh bass without creating a mess much less one that's been frozen
    Ranting incoherently

5. Member
    You guys are tough. First this happened in the 70s and there were 10 or 15 club members present and the fish was not frozen. When the fish was removed from the freezer there were 40 or 50 guys present that were aware of what we had done. My friend is X because he died a couple of years ago and we fished together and still had coffee together for the rest of the life. I don't have time to list all of the pranks that were pulled on me over the years. I will try not to post anything again that will hurt some sensitive feelings.

6. Member
    Delete. Already posted.

7. Member
    Bob if you would have explained what you did a little better no one would have jumped on you, you sure made it sound like he was an X friend not a friend who had passed. Our club members have pulled many a joke on each other over the years and most have been a good laugh but a couple have resulted in bloody noses and loss of friendships, one resulted in divorce.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Bob if you would have explained what you did a little better no one would have jumped on you, you sure made it sound like he was an X friend not a friend who had passed. Our club members have pulled many a joke on each other over the years and most have been a good laugh but a couple have resulted in bloody noses and loss of friendships, one resulted in divorce.
    I gotta hear about the divorce......

9. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OLD BOB View Post
    I can only imagine the look on his face when that fish was cut open and the spark plugs fell out Awesome prank!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBassMan View Post
    I gotta hear about the divorce......
    It wasn't a prank but one club member started missing tournaments and his truck was seen outside another member's house. The next time he didn't show up for a tournament the other member didn't launch and waited a couple hours and headed back to his house. Ended up with a fight a shooting some jail time and a divorce. Sad situation all around.

12. Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123