Thread: Jerkbait rods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ALX Rods ZOLO Jerkbait - designed specifically for 110s. Throws 90s very well. Has some extra features like a short handle so it's not in your way, soft tip with a solid backbone, and a cushioned hood nut for your finger that will be sitting up front all day.

One of the huge things that gets overlooked by our competitors is usability. A handle smacking your forearm all day or hanging in your hoodie pocket is a real pain.

2. Moderator
    Picked up a ALX Kelley Jaye Expert jerkbait rod and also a Zolo Rosa for spinnerbaits etc.

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Picked up a ALX Kelley Jaye Expert jerkbait rod and also a Zolo Rosa for spinnerbaits etc.
    The EXPERT was moved into the ZOLO line. Same rod.

I use an old (Recoil guides) St. Croix Legend Extreme 6' 8" MXF and it works great.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    I'm sort of in the same dilemma. Bought a mb levante last year in jerkbait model figuring if it's made for 110"s it would be great. I freaking hate it. It's like a broom stick. Going to try a at croix 6' 8" m xf this year. Similar action to an original rod I used to throw before I sold it and went the Mb route.
    You thought the Levante was a broom stick? I disliked mine for the opposite reason......it would wear me out on a long cast or especially moving the bait across the tops of weeds. That rod was absolutely dead in those situations and you had to work the crap out of it to get decent bait action. Sold that rod and picked a SC Victory 6-8 m xf and much prefer it for the baits I throw. Twitches provide great bait movement and its super comfortable to fish. Keeps them buttoned up well also.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12