Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is something new on the way?

I got an email this morning (I'm sure everyone else got it as well) touting discounts on Mega Live, Solix/ Helix, and Mega 360! The email was from Van Dam Warehouse, and I don't think they can advertise those discounts unless the Mothership says they can. So, this leads me to believe that they are clearing out inventory for new arrivals. Thoughts?
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Yeah, I saw the add on Facebook last night. There is always something new on the way... it's just a matter of when. They have had a couple of different rebate programs over the last year and people asked the same question... it's anybody's guess.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    I think it is probably a big push to keep people from switching brands as they rig new boats during the boat show season. Most of the guys I know that are getting new boats are not having them rigged at the factory, instead having the dealer rig them or rigging them in their own garage. Some of the rebates I have heard about are enough to sway a decision to stay Johnson Outdoors for many folks. One guy I was talking to yesterday is looking at 3 Solix 12s, Terrova, and two Raptors. If he can save 2-3 grand with the rebates on all of that, it makes it a pretty easy decision.

4. Member
    Did it say when the offer ends?

5. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Here are the details on all the promotions which end on 3/31... Mega Live, Solix, Helix, and Mega 360.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/us/promotions
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Here are the details on all the promotions which end on 3/31... Mega Live, Solix, Helix, and Mega 360.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.com/us/promotions

Awesome thank you sir!

7. Member
    Now that my mega live and 360 works with no issues they won’t be getting any more money from me for a while.

8. Member
    does it matter where we buy it? i want to get mega 360 and i have gen1 solix so i need to get a helix for it. i saw the mega 360 on amazon cheaper than anywhere else so idk if that would count
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher42 View Post
    does it matter where we buy it? i want to get mega 360 and i have gen1 solix so i need to get a helix for it. i saw the mega 360 on amazon cheaper than anywhere else so idk if that would count
    Read the promotion details on the link SLYdoggie posted above, the terms and conditions state discounted items aren’t eligible (see below), and decide for yourself or call Humminbird and ask them. There’s a phone number listed on the promo sheet.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)]If any terms and conditions are not met the reba will be denied. VIP, discounted, or free goods orders are not eligible for any rebates or promotions.[/COLOR]

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilzbow View Post
    Read the promotion details on the link SLYdoggie posted above, the terms and conditions state discounted items aren’t eligible (see below), and decide for yourself or call Humminbird and ask them. There’s a phone number listed on the promo sheet.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0)]If any terms and conditions are not met the reba will be denied. VIP, discounted, or free goods orders are not eligible for any rebates or promotions.[/COLOR]
    thanks for reply. ill give them a call
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

11. Member
    Lol. Don’t bother calling. It eventually goes to over seas general rebate center. Think she thought I was trying to buy actual hummingbirds lmfao
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I think it is probably a big push to keep people from switching brands as they rig new boats during the boat show season. Most of the guys I know that are getting new boats are not having them rigged at the factory, instead having the dealer rig them or rigging them in their own garage. Some of the rebates I have heard about are enough to sway a decision to stay Johnson Outdoors for many folks. One guy I was talking to yesterday is looking at 3 Solix 12s, Terrova, and two Raptors. If he can save 2-3 grand with the rebates on all of that, it makes it a pretty easy decision.
    If I understood the terms you can only claim one rebate per offer i.e. Solix would be $500 regardless of the number of units bought. I'm looking to buy 2 Solix units so hoping I read it wrong but don't believe so.

13. Member
    So I got denied one of my rebates. I bought mega 360 and helix 10. Reason one per household. So I’m at work and idk if I messed it up or is it one rebate per house and not each different thing???

Limit (1) one rebate per qualifying rebate offer, per person, billing address, company, household and receipt/invoice/packing slip during the eligibility period, except where prohibited by law.
    Phoenix 618
    Evinrude ETEC 150
    Go Buckeyes
    Go Browns

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Of course there is something new. Soon as you buy electronics it’s outdated
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

15. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher42 View Post
    So I got denied one of my rebates. I bought mega 360 and helix 10. Reason one per household. So I’m at work and idk if I messed it up or is it one rebate per house and not each different thing???

Limit (1) one rebate per qualifying rebate offer, per person, billing address, company, household and receipt/invoice/packing slip during the eligibility period, except where prohibited by law.
    I would suggest you start a new Rebate Issues Post rather than derailing this thread. If there are Rebate issues, others need to know.

16. Member
    My understanding was mega 360 and graphs are eligible for the mail in rebates.

Megalive and targetlock are eligible for an instant price discount.

So one can buy a new Helix for example and get a mail in rebate on that but also buy megalive and get the discounted price on that.

Johnson Outdoors as all the details on their website under multiple promotion charts.

17. Member
    I spent 40 years in the fishing industry and I see signs they are getting ready for something big. They are doing a lot of advertising and promotions right now. Some of that is seasonal, but I think they are trying to buy some time before they launch something new, most likely at the ICAST Show in July. They have fallen behind both Lowrance and Garmin because their current models are too expensive by comparison and not as user friendly. In addition, they are a distant 3rd in the FFS market regardless of the "updates". Last year they upgraded their trolling motors, and they can't wait any longer to do something new with Humminbird. I've heard rumors of a "360 Live" system, which would be very exciting, but they have to replace "Mega-Live" with something better.

Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    I spent 40 years in the fishing industry and I see signs they are getting ready for something big. They are doing a lot of advertising and promotions right now. Some of that is seasonal, but I think they are trying to buy some time before they launch something new, most likely at the ICAST Show in July. They have fallen behind both Lowrance and Garmin because their current models are too expensive by comparison and not as user friendly. In addition, they are a distant 3rd in the FFS market regardless of the "updates". Last year they upgraded their trolling motors, and they can't wait any longer to do something new with Humminbird. I've heard rumors of a "360 Live" system, which would be very exciting, but they have to replace "Mega-Live" with something better.
    360 LIVE was a rumor before the MEGA 360 was released.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Tilzbow View Post

FWIW, I called about this, as I typically get Mil/Vet discount on things ie TW, or BBC discount, etc, and they said any discounted price would not qualify for the rebate. So it will have to strait retail pricing to qualify. I guess it make sense, I mean a couple hundered off for discount and then another 4/500 off for rebate - would be an incredible deal, so maybe they don't want to have price dropping that much. But the discount is at the retailer level, and the rebate is at the manf level, so it's not like HB loses any more money. Maybe it's a retailer/seller protection thing.

There's also the one rebate per person/household thing, but that is pretty common for most rebates I would think.

Anyway, one will have to look at what you want and what discounts you may or may not get and compare to rebate value, and waiting 8-12 weeks or whatever to save the difference, etc is worth the hassle, etc. In most cases I supspect the rebate is the greater value unless someone finds a really good deal :).

I was looking at Helix or Solix and M360, using rebate on head unit and finding best deal on M360.

If you read the latest earnings call transcript for Johnson Outdoors, you will see the reason for these current rebates. In a nutshell, not a good quarter.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast