Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    It's hard to think about after that long, but if it was not something that could be worked out then I guess and hopefully for the best. Good luck moving forward
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Going through that process right now. She's gone from I want a divorce, to let's legally separate, to lets separate without the courts being involved in the span of two weeks.

Been there done that, bad for awhile but happy now..good luck

4. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Congrats. Guess I got lucky, 41 great years and gets better every year!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

5. Member
    to you improving your quality of life!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering Herd View Post
    Been there done that, bad for awhile but happy now..good luck
    I think my feeling bad is going to last about 10-12 hours and is mostly due to that last glass of Heaven Hill. By way of treating the blues I went and ordered myself a new deer rifle and scope and nobody asked, "why do you need another gun?". Can't wait to put it through the paces
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

7. Member
    If you guys were really unhappy. Good for you.

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    I think my feeling bad is going to last about 10-12 hours and is mostly due to that last glass of Heaven Hill. By way of treating the blues I went and ordered myself a new deer rifle and scope and nobody asked, "why do you need another gun?". Can't wait to put it through the paces
    I know exactly how you feel sir but at least when the shoe fell for me I only had five years of skin in the game. When the ex said we should separate for a while I gave her an either or ultimatum; we work it out or I’m out (we’d been trying to work it out for 18+ months). When she started crying I walked in to the bedroom, took off my ring then grabbed a beer from the fridge and went and sat back down with her. The weight of the world was off my shoulders and I haven’t looked back.

10. Member
    Divorced 33 years ago. Cost me a lot of money and part of my pension. Was really hard to get ahead till kids were all 18. She is still working I’ve been retired 6 years. Was hard on the kids.

11. Banned

Had a practice wife for almost 6 years, we were together 8 years. It was a hard decision, but was the best for me and her, though she didn't see it at the time. The current wife and I will be married for 22 years this may and I am not sure life could be any better.

Phoenix 919 Merc 225 pro XS

14. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Been there too. Best thing to happen as you move forward

15. Member
    You never hear a man say "Boy being divorced is going really bad" hope you are happy brother.

Been there as well. Glad you both came to a conclusion that is best for each of you. We only come this way once and constantly being unhappy and wasting eachothers time is not worth it. Enjoy the rest of your time; whatever that happens to entail.

PS...I found someone that is incredible and will not spend a day without her. Shes out there for you too, if you want to find her. Cheers.

I couldn't imagine...but I'm sure a lot of folks say that...guess it can happen to anyone at almost anytime...that the honest sad truth...if you're happy and content with it then that's all that matters ...gotta look out for #1 first....best of luck to you in the future...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Divorce was finalized today. That's 32 years in the crapper and I'm totally fine with it because it's 10+ years overdue. Yes, it was expensive but worth every penny.

I believe I'll have me some Heaven Hill BnB so
    Money can buy you happiness...and you know what I mean. Just don't cling onto whomever you find next like some guys do. Maybe back then you didn't know what you needed when you got married but now you do, and just a heads up you are going to be surprised just how messed up the new women you are going to be meeting and not in a good way.

19. Member
    Been there and did that! Life is much, much better 20 years later! Congrats!

20. Member
    Life is too short to be unhappy, enjoy the rest of your life !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast