New Ethernet switch

I am getting a new switch. everything else has been replaced. HB wants me to mount my new switch at the console. its currently in the rod locker at the console ( NITRO Z20 )... I have it protected in the rod locker its for storage only and blocked off. This compartment is dry. Is this an OK place? The only other spot i have room for at the console is underneath. I really don't like that.

where do others mount theirs? I am going to post this on the Nitro site too!

2. Member
    It should not matter where it is. I would not move it if the cables you already have don’t reach the console. Those things are expensive! Unless there is some kind of power issue in the rod locker. You should not use power from the trolling batteries though. Other than that I don’t know why they suggested moving it. Ask them. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 01-31-2024 at 03:14 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    No power or cable issues. New cables and power is a homerun to primary power source.

4. Member
    Mine is mounted under the console because Skeeter mounts them there. I like that it's in the middle of the boat to make it easier to find power and run cables but I would rather have it in a box. One thing though, these new boxes seem to be better protected from water.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

5. Member
    Yes, I have my new now. seems to placed in water tight case. I am not sure i like the flashing lights. Easy for trouble shooting but pulling more power and eye catching

6. Member
    Leds use very little power. Put a piece of tape over the lights. Enjoy the fact it works now.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

7. Member
    Had the older model mounted in rod locker on my last boat (Nitro Z8) and worked fine for over seven years. Just guessing they want it at the console for ease in troubleshooting if needed.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by bassinloose View Post
    Yes, I have my new now. seems to placed in water tight case. I am not sure i like the flashing lights. Easy for trouble shooting but pulling more power and eye catching
    Saved me a lot of time this past week. With 5 ethernet cords it showed me which one was bad.