Your 5 best Dividend plays?

I’ve always loved Dividends and as I got closer to retirement I put more into those type of stocks or ETFs. It’s nice to get paid while waiting for the stock to go higher and nice to have a cushion if it falls. Some Dividend stocks can be traps or stinkers if they cut but there are plenty of good ones. I’m always looking for new ideas on solid stable income and have some cash I need to either add to my current ones or start a new one. So please list your top 5. These are mine:

ARCC
    VZ
    SPHY
    O
    DLR

2. Member
    My 5 favorites:

AVGO
    LMT
    NEE
    PEP
    BLK

3. Member
    My 5 best:
    wm
    avgo
    pep
    o
    main

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Check out ET. Energy Transfer.

5. Member
    Thanks for the Dividend ideas. I’m looking at adding AVGO on the dips. I’ve tried NEE and PEP for about 5 years but always sell them for a nice profit it seems after about 3 to 6 months then buy them back on the dips. I’m also looking hard at WM. The stock chart history on MAIN is similar to ARCC and looks like a good one also. I’m currently looking at BMY and want to see what their earnings call is like tomorrow.

Good luck to all.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Thanks for the Dividend ideas. I’m looking at adding AVGO on the dips. I’ve tried NEE and PEP for about 5 years but always sell them for a nice profit it seems after about 3 to 6 months then buy them back on the dips. I’m also looking hard at WM. The stock chart history on MAIN is similar to ARCC and looks like a good one also. I’m currently looking at BMY and want to see what their earnings call is like tomorrow.

Good luck to all.
    AMGN is a pretty good healthcare stock if you are looking more for dividend growth versus a higher current yield.

7. Member
    Not stocks, but right now I have my free cash in VUSXX and TLTW, roughly 50/50. I don't have any stocks outside my 401k and small individual account with a planner...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    Not stocks, but right now I have my free cash in VUSXX and TLTW, roughly 50/50. I don't have any stocks outside my 401k and small individual account with a planner...
    Thats great. I have a similar one in my Fidelity account under FRSXX that has a 7 day yield of 5.25. I’m milking that until my advisor says to get out.

9. Member
    Thats great. I have a similar one in my Fidelity account under FRSXX that has a 7 day yield of 5.25. I’m milking that until my advisor says to get out.
    Exactly right. VUSXX will sputter and the TLTW will increase in value once rates start to drop later this year. Just need to pay a little bit of attention to VUSXX once rates start to pull back. Even so, I can't see rates being cut more than 1% or 1.5%, so it should still pay decently for nearly zero risk....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    Exactly right. VUSXX will sputter and the TLTW will increase in value once rates start to drop later this year. Just need to pay a little bit of attention to VUSXX once rates start to pull back. Even so, I can't see rates being cut more than 1% or 1.5%, so it should still pay decently for nearly zero risk....
    I am holding TLT for this very reason. When the price gets up to 100 or 101 I sell calls on it. My basis is 95 so if I let it get called away I will still have collected my dividends and the premium and some capital gains.

11. Member
    My favorites right now are XYLD and QYLD. I know they have eroded in price from their highs but I got in when they were down and so far I've been very happy. I also have some RYLD that's down but I'm buying more on the dip. I've recently bought some JEPQ and O but haven't had them long. Planning on adding as the dividends in the others pay. I have them in a Roth so that I have maxed out so I can't really throw a lot of money at it.

12. Member
    Many thanks to Tfall for starting this thread. I have not paid enough attention to investments in the past. Between the replies and researching the the information in those replies, I am learning a lot. This is not a topic I would have predicted on Bass Boat Central, but I certainly appreciate it!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    I am holding TLT for this very reason. When the price gets up to 100 or 101 I sell calls on it. My basis is 95 so if I let it get called away I will still have collected my dividends and the premium and some capital gains.
    This is a great plan. The only reason I opted for TLTW was for the crazy dividend and I intend to hold it until rates retreat bigly. It's spitting out enough dividend every month to cover my tournament fees and gas, so I'm fishing for free, in essence. I've adjusted my brain to the volatility, since I know the end game is Treasury yields lower than when I bought it....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

14. Member
    This is a great website for Dividend information. I use it a lot for finding when a stock is going Ex Dividend or when it pays.

https://www.dividend.com/

15. Member
    This is a great website for Dividend information. I use it a lot for finding when a stock is going Ex Dividend or when it pays.

https://www.dividend.com/
    great site!! thank you!!

16. Member
    BTG