Thread: Used CC Boat

Used CC Boat

Anyone,
    I am looking at buying a used CC boat that has been in saltwater but to use on Lake Erie. The particular one I am looking at is a 1997 Hydra Sports 2450 with a 2018 Evinrude E-Tech 300 with 485 hours on it. I am not familiar with the downfalls of having a boat in salt water so is there anything particular that I should look for and what are your thoughts on the 2450 hull?

2. Member
    I have a 98 Hydra sport 2250 which would be that boats little brother. As far as I know the only wood in the boats is the console and balsa core floors. Strings, transom and all are composite. Boat rides very well. I fish mine 30 miles out of South Carolina and have pulled it down the keys and ran all over too. The boats are designed to be used in the salt so shouldn’t have many issues as long as some general maintenance was done. I would say go for it if the motor checks out. The etec is your call. I have never owned one and don’t know about them or service options since they’re out of business.

3. Moderator
    Hull should be fine as long as the transom and floor is good. The areas the salt affects are wiring, fasteners, steering components, jackplates, and basically any metal exposed that isn't stainless. Personally I wouldn't purchase due to the etec but that is just me.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Can't tell what it is by 2018 need a model number to tell if it is a G1 or G2 without the model number.

Yea that E-tech would worry me also.