Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Perfect Man Day!

What is your idea of a perfect day? Mine is picking up my GTO from my mechanics after a tune up and then hooking up my boat to my Tahoe and going fishing on Lake G the rest of the day.
    That is my Thursday schedule!

It was July 1994...can't recall the specific day. My wife and I were at our cabin on Georgian bay. I caught my first 5 pound smallie from our inlet. I had my favorite meal for supper... (typical Canadian shore lunch) fried fish, fried taters and onions, pork and beans, slice of Black Diamond cheese, one of our homemade hot garlic dill pickles. And, I got my horn honked that evening! That's a perfect day! And, it's been downhill ever since!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    It was July 1994...can't recall the specific day. My wife and I were at our cabin on Georgian bay. I caught my first 5 pound smallie from our inlet. I had my favorite meal for supper... (typical Canadian shore lunch) fried fish, fried taters and onions, pork and beans, slice of Black Diamond cheese, one of our homemade hot garlic dill pickles. And, I got my horn honked that evening! That's a perfect day! And, it's been downhill ever since!
    Can't be a perfect man day without some horn honking.

4. Member
    Relaxing after a successful day of Salmon fishing in Alaska comes to mind.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    What is your idea of a perfect day? Mine is picking up my GTO from my mechanics after a tune up and then hooking up my boat to my Tahoe and going fishing on Lake G the rest of the day.
    That is my Thursday schedule!
    Mine too, where are your keys?

6. Member
    Let's see, morning horn honked by the wife, a nice breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy, then a short walk down to the lake where I get in the boat and head out to proceed to catch an obscene number of 4 - 6-pound bass with a few 7 - 9 and a 10+ thrown in. Back to the dock for a nice lunch made by the wife followed by more honking of the horn. Take a nice siesta on the couch. Fantastic dinner followed by an evening session of fishing and catch a bunch of big fish again. The wife would go with me fishing in the evening so when it gets dark enough some more horn honking on the boat or in the water if we can find a secluded beach, then back home for a shower and the go to bed.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Let's see, morning horn honked by the wife, a nice breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy, then a short walk down to the lake where I get in the boat and head out to proceed to catch an obscene number of 4 - 6-pound bass with a few 7 - 9 and a 10+ thrown in. Back to the dock for a nice lunch made by the wife followed by more honking of the horn. Take a nice siesta on the couch. Fantastic dinner followed by an evening session of fishing and catch a bunch of big fish again. The wife would go with me fishing in the evening so when it gets dark enough some more horn honking on the boat or in the water if we can find a secluded beach, then back home for a shower and the go to bed.
    What did she end up asking for? New house? Sports car? New puppy? Or did she already buy it and was prepping you? Just curious.
    2014 920/SHO

8. Member
    What year GTO do you have. I have owned a 69 convertible, 72 hardtop and a 71 convertible. Still wish I had the 71 convertible. Last year I bought a 2007 Shelby GT500 and it is an absolute blast to drive. I love muscle cars

I'd say mid-October....

Early morning deer hunt
    Late morning, mid-day golf outing
    Late afternoon, sunset fishing
    Late night college football with fresh venison on the grill
    Cap it off with some play time with my lady
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbigbaits View Post
    What year GTO do you have. I have owned a 69 convertible, 72 hardtop and a 71 convertible. Still wish I had the 71 convertible. Last year I bought a 2007 Shelby GT500 and it is an absolute blast to drive. I love muscle cars
    64 tri four speed

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    What did she end up asking for? New house? Sports car? New puppy? Or did she already buy it and was prepping you? Just curious.
    He starts the thread by saying "What is your idea of a perfect day?" Nothing about any reality. We can all dream!

12. Member
    Awesome GTO. I don’t see many 64 Tri power around here at car shows.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbigbaits View Post
    Awesome GTO. I don’t see many 64 Tri power around here at car shows.
    Have had it since 93. I have spent six months having it refurbished mechanically. Next will be a fresh coat of Marambi red.

14. Member
    Had this happen once. Pulled up on a unassuming pier. First cast on a rattletrap caught one. I counted, 30 bites on 30 consecutive casts. Didn’t get all of them in the boat but pretty happy that day when I loaded up and went home.

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    He starts the thread by saying "What is your idea of a perfect day?" Nothing about any reality. We can all dream!

...and a lot of the horn honking is probably trumpet solos.
    Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    My dad once said to me "Son, there are two types of liars in this world, those that say they never have and those that say they quit when they got married."

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Roflol!
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

19. Member
    Any tuba players?

20. Member
    Perfect women day, no horn honking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast