Dual Bow Mount - Show Me Yours!

I'm taking the plunge and adding Forward Facing Sonar...specifically I've decided on Garmin. Currently, I have Birds on my CX21 (3 Helix 12's). It came rigged with 2 Helix 12's at the wheel and one flush mounted at the bow. I have Mega 360 and really like that so I'll be retaining that on my setup.

I'm leaning towards a Riser over the pedal with a dual plate. My thinking is it will be more stable by bolting it to the deck as opposed to bolting it to a bow panel. I also would like to have both units a little higher up. I feel like I find myself leaning over or squinting to see the flush mounted unit currently. I've looked at the Precision Sonar bow setup and I do like it but I don't feel like it's high enough. I'm also worried about it clearing the LVS34 when the trolling motor is stowed but this concern may not be valid. I may wind up getting the bow panel from Precision Sonar as I will need to cover up the massive hole left by removing my flush mounted Helix 12.

I'm liking the simplicity of the Str8Up mount with a dual plate. Seems rugged and pricing is good. Not sure what's under the deck by the trolling motor foot pedal. Is it easy to access? Can I through bolt it or will I have to use lag screws?

I'm open to suggestions as I will be ordering some version of a mount in the next 2 weeks. Show me what you got or tell me what not to get!

Also, I haven't pulled any wire through my boat since I've had it...it came rigged. Is there plenty of room in the rigging tube (I assume there is one??) I know there is a fuse block under the driver console and I've considered running power from there to my starboard rod locker to mount the GLS10. I currently run an X2 31 Series AGM for cranking and electronics. I currently captain for the High School team locally so we have some 8 hr + days on the water. I am concerned that I may have power issues.

Thanks for your time and I appreciate the advice/help in advance!

2. Member
    Dan, Have you looked at BassBoat technologies dual mount. They make a plate that covers the hole where the flush mount was and it will come set up for a single or dual mount. They offer an offset version as well to clear trolling motor cables. That is the one I went with and it is solid.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS Lives

Quote Originally Posted by bbqpitboss View Post
    Dan, Have you looked at BassBoat technologies dual mount. They make a plate that covers the hole where the flush mount was and it will come set up for a single or dual mount. They offer an offset version as well to clear trolling motor cables. That is the one I went with and it is solid.
    I have looked at it. It's just a plate that screws into the existing bow panel right? The factory bow panel doesn't seem very sturdy to me but I could be wrong. Also, I think I would like for it to be a little higher up. Can you post a few good pics of yours or a short video?

4. Member
    Dan, it actually installs over the factory bow plate and the screws go directly into the fiberglass. The screws are #10 stainless so it's necessary to drill starter holes. I'll try and get a picture of the setup for you.
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS Lives

5. Member
    I have the BBT dual mount with the "hood" option, so you can take 4 bolts out and both graphs pivot up/forward allowing access to the bow and wiring underneath without taking the whole mount off. This also allows you to actually through bolt it to the fiberglass (where Caymas left enough to get a bolt in, only missed glass on of the 8 bolts) if you want, that is what I did and it is solid. I had a dual riser over the TM pedal on the last boat and this is a sturdy as that was.

Only knock I have is they could have made the access hole larger for big arms like mine.
    TACKLE WHORE!

6. Member
    [IMG][/IMG]

Nlive my BBT CrappieHgh in the air bridge doublehmount!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Nlive my BBT CrappieHgh in the air bridge doublehmount!!
    I'd say that's awesome for crappie fishing!

8. Member
    No problem getting under the front deck to add bolts and nuts with big washers. BBT has several typed that Van offers check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    No problem getting under the front deck to add bolts and nuts with big washers. BBT has several typed that Van offers check them out.
    Thanks for the info Rodney!

10. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Bow mount 20220630_163431.jpgI went with the Precision Sonar mount at bow and helm. Been very happy with these mounts.

I decided to go with the Str8 Up mount with a 7" riser. Used some Precision Sonar brackets for my 12" Helix. Riser, dual plate, and hardware shipped for $129. Hard to beat that. Very sturdy and simple. Looking forward to trying it out on the water once the project is buttoned up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Looks good Dan
    2020 Caymas CX21 Pro
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Serial# 2B686100
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS Lives

13. Member
    Here is my DIY bracket. I bought some 1/4" HDPE Plastic sheet off of McMaster-Carr and made a new console mount which was taller than the original Caymas mounting plate. I added a slot in the plastic underneath the sheet metal bracket to route the transducer cables. The sheet metal bracket is hand formed .050 aluminum. Electronics marine mounts are limited in New Mexico. I like Caymas Rodneys mounts, nice and tall and easy to read. That may be the next mod.
    I also Added Rite Hite turret for Live scope. The only thing I don't like about the Rite Hite mount is that you can't adjust the height of the trolling motor on the water. I also made a housing for a stereo remote control unit. I've had it hooked up for about a year, seems to handle rough weather so far.
    IMG_20230511_222332462.jpgIMG_20230511_221636926.jpgIMG_20230429_165702603.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda CX20 View Post
    Here is my DIY bracket. I bought some 1/4" HDPE Plastic sheet off of McMaster-Carr and made a new console mount which was taller than the original Caymas mounting plate. I added a slot in the plastic underneath the sheet metal bracket to route the transducer cables. The sheet metal bracket is hand formed .050 aluminum. Electronics marine mounts are limited in New Mexico. I like Caymas Rodneys mounts, nice and tall and easy to read. That may be the next mod.
    I also Added Rite Hite turret for Live scope. The only thing I don't like about the Rite Hite mount is that you can't adjust the height of the trolling motor on the water. I also made a housing for a stereo remote control unit. I've had it hooked up for about a year, seems to handle rough weather so far.
    IMG_20230511_222332462.jpgIMG_20230511_221636926.jpgIMG_20230429_165702603.jpg
    That's quite industrious my friend! Very nice!