Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Matt Becker's Floating Sonar Dome...

Crappie Brakes, 6 Screens, 4 FFS Tranducers including one rigged at the console, 6 batteries... Randy would love this guy lol...

Running Suzuki, and a new electric jackplate also... PowerTran I think he said. Looks like Atlas-ish hardware/frame with electric motors. Has some nice features ie remote, memory settings, trailer setting, etc. Might be why he has 6 batteries lol.

2. Member
    I’m surprised he’s not running a livescope transducer off the port side jackplate.
    Last edited by randy_almeida; 01-28-2024 at 08:21 AM.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

Well I did it again, already posted in another thread... I guess searching by Angler Name doesnt get it done lol...

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1250650

4. Member
    Like he mentioned in the video, this is HIS 2024 office. Hard for us to understand because we don't fish for the money they do. But step back and think, if the pole brakes allow him to find, back-up and catch that kicker to win a tournament then the cost is well worth it.

IMO, unless you are in upper echelon of the fishing world fishing for six figure checks this is not for the average Joe . Hey if you can afford it and want to hang $25 K in electronics on your rig that is your choice. I just don't see this making financial sense below the professional level on the big tours.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Like he mentioned in the video, this is HIS 2024 office. Hard for us to understand because we don't fish for the money they do. But step back and think, if the pole brakes allow him to find, back-up and catch that kicker to win a tournament then the cost is well worth it.

IMO, unless you are in upper echelon of the fishing world fishing for six figure checks this is not for the average Joe . Hey if you can afford it and want to hang $25 K in electronics on your rig that is your choice. I just don't see this making financial sense below the professional level on the big tours.
    You do realize 20 years ago they fished for the same six figure checks with just a 5 inch graph. Today has gotten no other words but out of control and ridicules. I rigged this one a month ago for a Elite series pro. 6 batteries 4 FFS thats 2 on jackplate and a LVS34 and LVS62 up front on 2 16 inch units this is a little over $40,000 in Garmin electronics. thumbnail_IMG_5176.jpgattachment1706383389839.jpg
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    You do realize 20 years ago they fished for the same six figure checks with just a 5 inch graph. Today has gotten no other words but out of control and ridicules. I rigged this one a month ago for a Elite series pro. 6 batteries 4 FFS thats 2 on jackplate and a LVS34 and LVS62 up front on 2 16 inch units this is a little over $40,000 in Garmin electronics. thumbnail_IMG_5176.jpgattachment1706383389839.jpg
    Heck they used to fish for a lot more money they do today. Flw had a couple million dollar payout tournaments. Todays tournament pay chit compared to what they use to.

7. Member
    Schmitt’s boat? That’s insane!!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I wonder how much lithium batteries (less weight) contributes to the insanity.

9. Member
    And 20 years ago there were guys in 12' row boats saying the exact same thing about them fancy 5 inch TV's showing where the fish were hiding.
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

It's his boat so he is free to set it up.how he wants. He posted the video publicly so obviously he wants feedback. Here is mine. To me its just silly. It's overkill and really takes away even more from me for feeling bad or sympathy about how tough it is to make it as a pro.

That being said I 100% have the choice to not follow in his footsteps which I plan to do. That mess ain't for me.

11. Member

Understood I get it. Old habits die hard. But in those 20 years there have been so many technological changes that make life easier or simpler. Today's electronics and advancements in bass fishing is just an extension of that.

The competition for sponsor money and social media is driving most of this as well. 20 years ago they didn't get the exposure they do today. They are appealing to a demographic that wants to see the latest and greatest in every facet of the sport.

We evolved as a society and you either accept or adapt. If you don't adapt at some point, inevitably you will be left behind. Do you still get off the couch to change channel on the TV, no you use a remote...why because its a waste of time and effort to do it the old way

Again you do you....Me personally I have two graphs, AT and the Ghost. Given what I do it's good enough for me. I'm likely adding another upfront to "enhance" what I want to do. I'm adding lithium because they make financial sense vs lead acids.
    Last edited by SAL321; 01-28-2024 at 09:54 AM.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

At some point all that crap will become a detriment instead of being helpful.
    2010 Ranger 188vx
    175 Mercury Optimax

The guy has been a good stick long before all this stuff came out. I don’t think he “needs” any of it. I guess it’s just what these dudes are going to do now.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    I wonder how much lithium batteries (less weight) contributes to the insanity.
    That's a good point!

15. Member
    Reminds me of some super drum set array. Maybe he is trying to be the Tommy Lee of Fishfinders.

9ff66cf468d1753743c5ff0ff9a05d8f.jpg

16. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    Heck they used to fish for a lot more money they do today. Flw had a couple million dollar payout tournaments. Todays tournament pay chit compared to what they use to.
    Plus they paid a lot less in entry fees back then. Sad to say they are being taked advantage of. But they are standing in line to let them do it.

17. Member
    I think when all this started happening a lot of guys, myself included, thought it was pretty neat. Now I think they have crossed that threshold to where it’s turning people off. BASS will surely start to limit some of this stuff soon.

18. Member
    It will get stolen.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    It will get stolen.
    Boy, wouldn't that be a bitch!

20. Goby King
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    The guy has been a good stick long before all this stuff came out. I don’t think he “needs” any of it.

I fished with Matt since before he could drive. He stopped competing in the youth division of our club and fished against the adults and kicked our asses from the back of the boat. He doesn't need that stuff, but it sure does help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast