2019 Z20 electrical gremlin

I have a 2019 Z20 that has an electrical gremlin that will show its ugly head at the wrong time, tournaments!!! I loose all 12v power to the boat, all panel, gauges and graphs on the console. I had to cut my day short today due to live wells not working, drive an 1.5 hours home, park the boat and now everything works...WTF. Need a schematic so I can start checking all connections or suggestions.
    Robert Williams
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Check wires in back of boat. I had a bad crimp(was never crimped) from the factory. It showed up 2 years after I bought the boat. Some of the cables are so short and stiff it’s hard to tell visually. Also if you have the battery selector switch in back that also can be culprit. You can also check under the console make sure the main wires from your house battery that feed the fuse panel are good
    Nitro z21

3. Member
    Had the same issue with my 2015 Z8. The power switch has an incoming 12 volts and an outgoing. My outgoing came loose in rough seas on Toledo Bend mid day and it was almost impossible to locate. Found the issue, reconnected, and went back the second day. Check the wiring going to your system power switch. Both incoming and out going.

4. Member
    I had a loose connection in my 2021 Z20. One of the wires in the console had a loose eye terminal that was killing power to the console.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frystec View Post
    Had the same issue with my 2015 Z8. The power switch has an incoming 12 volts and an outgoing. My outgoing came loose in rough seas on Toledo Bend mid day and it was almost impossible to locate. Found the issue, reconnected, and went back the second day. Check the wiring going to your system power switch. Both incoming and out going.
    When you say power switch, you mean the push button power switch?
    Robert Williams
    2019 Nitro Z20
    2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Give the battery cables a brisk tug at the terminals. I had one loose on my big engine battery, looked perfect but pulled right out with a tug.