Honda 250 on a Triton 21 HP

Does anyone have an idea on what prop to run on a 2013 Triton 21HP with a Honda 250? This was the boat Paul Elias rain in 2013. It currently has a 5 blade Highfive I believe. I’m in the process of buying this boat.

2. Member
    Current owner says it will run 58-60 with this current setup. This boat does have a hydraulic jack plate as well.

3. Member
    Sounds a little light on speed. Only ever ran a High 5 once. Tremendous hole shot, mid range, but no top end.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    I repowered last year with a 200 on my Ranger 619.. Much different boat, but i bet the total weight of each Boat is close. I am spinning a Rubex L4 18 pitch and getting max RPM and good top speed for my boat,If that helps. I bet a Bravo in the 22 to 24 pitch range would be pretty close to best all around.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

5. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Your probably want to run a bigger diameter prop than the high five. See if you can get a hold of a 23-24 fury.

6. Member
    The honda's aren't fast, you may be able to get a little more out of it, maybe 65 at best. Try a Bravo, definitely not a Fury.

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    The honda's aren't fast, you may be able to get a little more out of it, maybe 65 at best. Try a Bravo, definitely not a Fury.
    Best speed I have had was with a good Fury! but what ever, but you need a big dia blade! Dont havre vent holes, if the prop has them block them off.

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Never had a Honda, but have owned 2 Triton's. With of mine like a tempest plus. In my experience a 3 blade has always gave me more top end speed than a 4 blade.

9. Member
    Believe it or not a 2 blade prop is the fastest for absolute top speed on a speedboat.

Elias might have had the 5 blade for dig with full livewells.

We Suzuki owners buy a lot of props trying to find a balance between hole shots and top speed.

10. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Believe it or not a 2 blade prop is the fastest for absolute top speed on a speedboat.

Elias might have had the 5 blade for dig with full livewells.

We Suzuki owners buy a lot of props trying to find a balance between hole shots and top speed.
    Paul ran with a heavy boat, extra trolling motor and a back up on everything. Think he was looking for a good hole shot. The Honda needs to run high and 6500 rpm. I hardly ever ran with more gas than I needed. I just fished local tournaments and hardly ever ran with a 1/2 tank. They do get great milage so there is that.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Paul ran with a heavy boat, extra trolling motor and a back up on everything. Think he was looking for a good hole shot. The Honda needs to run high and 6500 rpm. I hardly ever ran with more gas than I needed. I just fished local tournaments and hardly ever ran with a 1/2 tank. They do get great milage so there is that.
    Yes, we foreign motor buyers have a different mindset it seems. I see no reason to change mine.

12. Member
    I talked to Paul and he said he was running a 23 Fury when he had the boat. I’ll probably start there. Thanks for all of the input.
    Last edited by AMT21XSElite; 02-06-2024 at 08:01 AM.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The thing with Props is only a couple out of 10 will run great, the rest go down hill from there. If you can find someone that will let you run a few I would do that and pick the best.

14. Member
    I’ve worked with Mark Croxton in the past with props. I think I’ll talk to him and maybe go with a Razor and let him get it dialed in.

15. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    Probably the best idea yet. He is the master and will have you fixed up in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by AMT21XSElite View Post
    I’ve worked with Mark Croxton in the past with props. I think I’ll talk to him and maybe go with a Razor and let him get it dialed in.
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia