Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Probably just me, and I've only been there once, but I couldn't catch a cold on Cross Lake.
    dont fish the lake first step. Won a cross tournament this year with over 22 pounds didnt catch single fish out of the lake

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Howard View Post
    I fish a pretty steady diet Onondaga lake because it’s close to me. The others I fish s few times a year but I plan to fish them more this year.
    I put on several tournaments a year on Daga my fav lake.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    dont fish the lake first step. Won a cross tournament this year with over 22 pounds didnt catch single fish out of the lake
    Fishing the river?

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Fishing the river?
    yes .. the lake is crap pretty featureless

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    yes .. the lake is crap pretty featureless
    Sure is, I thought it was me. I couldn't find anything to fish. A bit of weeds at the one end, but found nothing there.

6. Member
    Cross has some good spots but the river is far more alluring. It’s normally not a busy lake. Same with the river. I think that’s part of the allure for me.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Howard View Post
    Cross has some good spots but the river is far more alluring. It’s normally not a busy lake. Same with the river. I think that’s part of the allure for me.
    I had never been there before, but heard about it, so my wife and I spent the day there. It really is a nice little lake, and agree it was quite empty, but doubt I would ever go out of my way to go back.

Probably just me, and I've only been there once, but I couldn't catch a cold on Cross Lake.
    It is not the lake it used to be. Were lots of good weeds then.
    No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

9. Member
    Does anybody still fish the Hudson River? I haven't fished it since the late 70's. Been thinking about it and Black Lake. Sounds Like Black Lake is done.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukey28 View Post
    Does anybody still fish the Hudson River? I haven't fished it since the late 70's. Been thinking about it and Black Lake. Sounds Like Black Lake is done.
    Black lake is still fun, just not what it used to be. I know a guy who owns a camp up there and he said last year it was fishing better than years past though. It’s just over 2hrs from here but in that same timeframe I’d rather fish other places
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

I’d like to hit up Black Lake sometime. 3 hour drive from my house though and I’d be driving right past some killer lakes on my way there.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

12. Member
    I have a trip planned to camp on an island in lake george. This will be my 5th time up there and the bass are always a blast, but I’m considering targeting some trout or salmon.

13. Member
    Lake Erie first and foremost. We bought a place in Hanford Bay (right next to Sunset Bay) and although we have to rent it most of the summer months to cover the expenses, during the best fishing months of the spring it's all mine! Caught a 7lb pb smallie within eye site of our place last April and looking forward to trying to break that this year. Also can't wait for the walleye night bite in May.

Aside from Lake Erie, I'll be fishing Muskellunge Lake up in Northern NY plenty. Small lake just north of Watertown, one of the Indian River lakes. No public access and largemouth fishing is solid.

Looking forward to trying something new this year too. I've always considered Chaumont more of an ice fishing spot, but from hearing you guys talk about it sounds like I should bring my boat!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123