Thread: Stanley cups

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stanley cups

What’s the deal with the Stanley drinking cups lately? My wife carries one around for the last couple years now, and it seem they keep getting more popular. They are very tall, much larger than Yeti cups, no way I’d want a drinking cup that large, I don’t even ask how much they cost, she gets a new one every few months. Seems to be a “trendy” thing around here anyway.

2. Moderator
    The new yeti… work sent us some and kids stole all of them

Every student at my granddaughters high-school has one or so it seems. It is the in thing right now.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

4. Member
    Me and wife love ours. I drink a ton of water. Gallon a day probably. I hated the smaller cups and they just never held enough. They fit perfect in the cup holders, the straw is great. Best cup I’ve owned.

No if you’re a person that sips on a 16 ounce bottle water all day…yeah probably no need for you.

5. Member
    Yea just a fad people are going thru, it’ll end soon when something else comes along. The Stanley cups aren’t even the best ones. My wife asked me if I would use one if she got me one and I said hell naw.

6. Member
    Every women under 40 carries one around the Gym. Seems the power of the internet is still strong.
    Red Sox in 6!

7. Member
    My wife has three of them. I still use my trusty 30 ounce Yeti all day. At this point I have to wash the glass glasses to keep the dust off because they are seldom used.

8. Member
    I only know of one stanley cup.

If you are talking about the thermos company they can go eat a bag of dicks. I was done with them when they started making the American working man's iconic thermos in chinaland.

9. Member
    They definitely got popular with women the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    My wife has three of them. I still use my trusty 30 ounce Yeti all day. At this point I have to wash the glass glasses to keep the dust off because they are seldom used.
    Same. The other day my wife said we need to purge some our yeti/rtic/stanley cups and get some regular glasses for the cabinet. I asked why and pointed out that when our friends come over they either bring their big ass cup or the dad’s have their cooler with beer. Our guests don’t ever drink out regular glasses so why do we need to go buy some.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

They are not durable at all.

12. Member
    Canadian boy here thought this was a hockey "NHL" thread..........

Dodger123
    Mercury 40/hp 1C633380

13. Member
    news story here last night said a girl was pulled over for speeding, somewhere here in central cali.... when officers 1st approached they noticed backseat stuffed with them.. then they opened the trunk..... dont remember the dollar or total amount of cups they counted.... stupid people out there

14. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    They are not durable at all.
    what fails or breaks? the handle I assume??

i like the 40oz factor.. i have an ozark trail 40oz that i am never without.. can't even find them anymore.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

15. Member
    Like Dodger123, I thought I was opening a hockey thread......

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    what fails or breaks? the handle I assume??

i like the 40oz factor.. i have an ozark trail 40oz that i am never without.. can't even find them anymore.

Yep. First time my wife used hers the handle broke.

17. Member
    The uptick is due to some viral tic toc thing, I believe. Stories I read had said whatever it was, had people clearing the shelves then, selling on eBay with a 400% markup. Mommies and daddy’s everywhere paid the piper so little jack and Jane could say they got or have a “Stanley”.
    My 7 year old granddaughter was sure to tell me that “anyone who is anyone, has a STANLEY”
    I'd Rather be Fishing

The newest Tupperware, pampered chef, Avon, Mary Kay,
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

My wife rarely asks for much. She never complains about what I spend on fishing. She mentioned that she liked the cups so I got her one. $40-45 is a small price to make her smile and be happy.

20. Member
    Where you get into real money is laser engraved Stanley's. Friend of mine makes a killing on $100 plus cups.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast