Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    From what I've been told, the XS is at about 307hp and the R is at 330hp. So with all things equal that means the R should be about 2 - 3mph faster.
    I would bet there’s at least a 28-30 hp difference from 300xs to 300r. From 250XS to 300XS is about 3-4 mph difference

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The 250 Pro XS is probably in the 260-270hp range so 3-4 mph would make sense.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    TorqueMaster is the preferred gearcase on all of our boats in this range. We know it runs into the 90’s plus without blowout.
    I'm guessing the wingmaster case is good for 10mph more than the older torquemaster?
    If the caracal is a 90+ mph boat with 300R then why wouldnt the Eyra be at least the same or better?

4. Member
    The eyra hull been detuned abit i heard maybe basscat can comment on that

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b00stin4 View Post
    I'm guessing the wingmaster case is good for 10mph more than the older torquemaster?
    If the caracal is a 90+ mph boat with 300R then why wouldnt the Eyra be at least the same or better?
    I have seen that posted as well... I am just thinking a 10mph swing in recommended speed is a huge difference between the two boats..
    I have also seen posted that BCB was not interested in making "fast" boats.. but if the Caracal is easily a 90mph+ boat semi loaded with two bodies... then it sounds like the Caracal is stepping into that performance niche
    Don't get me wrong, Im all for it! just sounds like I should be looking at the Caracal and not the Eyra lol
    unless they are going to make hull design changes on the eyra in the future as well

6. Member
    ok after adding the 2 Garmin 8616, 2 16 inch NBT, Bassboat technology mounts, tackle, spare prop holder spare prop, tools ect. basically tourney load 40 gallons gas, livewells full and have 8 ft power poles
    i am getting constant 87.5 with 8 hours on motor. prop is not worked straight out of box. I think Ronnie Gilbert can get me 1 more mile a hour. Running on 4 on bobs jackplate gauge and 25 percent trim on trim gauge on the garmin at 6350 rpms. Love the boat fast and stable can run 80 mph and take hands off wheel. Basscat hit it out the park with this one
    Last edited by BasscatCougar2022; 02-22-2024 at 10:11 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BasscatCougar2022 View Post
    ok after adding the 2 Garmin 8616, 2 16 inch NBT, Bassboat technology mounts, tackle, spare prop holder spare prop, tools ect. basically tourney load 40 gallons gas, livewells full
    i am getting constant 87.5 with 8 hours on motor. prop is not worked straight out of box. I think Ronnie Gilbert can get me 1 more mile a hour. Running on 4 on bobs jackplate gauge and 25 percent trim on trim gauge on the garmin at 6350 rpms. Love the boat fast and stable can run 80 mph and take hands off wheel. Basscat hit it out the park with this one
    How does the speed compare to your last Cougar?

I'd say yer running Great
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

On the Eyra hull, it is built as it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by BasscatCougar2022 View Post
    The eyra hull been detuned abit i heard maybe basscat can comment on that

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    How does the speed compare to your last Cougar?
    about 3 mph faster and alot better ride
    with 26 3 blade fury it has a neck breaking hole shot where my cougar didnt

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123