Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boat/tackle show season

Working a local dealer show this weekend. It always means the start tournament season for us too. That kicks off next weekend.

Brandon Lester, Justin Lucas, Scott Martin, Todd Fairclith, Clay Dyer, Drew Cook and Fedakd Swindle are here among others. It's funny to see how everyone gravitated to Swindke whe he is speaking. He draws everyone in.

Been a good show. Sales are steady on both sides. Good crowd. It's that time of year.

2. Member
    Fun-n-Sun show?

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Fun-n-Sun show?

Yes.

4. Member
    I’m going to the Tennessee one next weekend.

5. Member
    Went to the Birmingham boat show yesterday. Always look forward to it.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

6. Member
    E Tennessee next weekend

7. Member
    First one here this weekend at local bait shop and boat dealer. It was pretty packed yesterday. Had Davey Hite, Mark Menendez, Ish Monroe, and then Josh Jones today. They give away a ton of door prizes and really take care of their customers. It’s a good time. Definitely something fun to do and pass the time during the winter months. Unfortunately we still have a couple months before the season starts though.

8. Member
    I miss the big sportsman and boat shows we used to have like Timonium near Baltimore.

Our boat show changed into a "Boat & RV Show". Now there's about a dozen boats and a gazillion motorhomes and fifth wheels which I have zero interest in. We don't have a tackle show at all anymore. The last few were pretty lame and more about striper guides and cookware than anything else...certainly not worth the sever or eight bucks it cost to get in. I miss the old tackle show....always got to shoot the chit with Jimmy Houston, which is always a treat.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Our boat show changed into a "Boat & RV Show". Now there's about a dozen boats and a gazillion motorhomes and fifth wheels which I have zero interest in. We don't have a tackle show at all anymore. The last few were pretty lame and more about striper guides and cookware than anything else...certainly not worth the sever or eight bucks it cost to get in. I miss the old tackle show....always got to shoot the chit with Jimmy Houston, which is always a treat.

The one I'm at today is totally free. No charge for admission or parking.

11. Banned
    For the life of me I cannot understand why the city of Chattanooga (or whoever) will not have a fishing expo. We do not have a hunting expo either. Lots of water to fish around here. Chickamauga, Guntersville, Nickajack. All they seem to be concerned about is Iron Man. Guess I will head to Knoxville next week.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Same here, I have not been to a "boat show" around Little Rock in the last 15 or so years. Also, admission is $15 for adults and $5 for kids, which is absurd.

13. Member
    I worked the SF ISE show 2 years in a row. All day everyday it was open. Haven’t been to one since. 10 years

Went to the Birmingham Boat Show Thursday. $10 to get in, parking $20 if you park in the deck, which is absurd. Luckily I found a parking place on the street. No show discounts on bass boats. Dealer said I could get a free boat cover & $2000 Bass Pro gift card. That promo has been going on since last summer, so nothing special. No tackle dealers.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Went to the Birmingham Boat Show Thursday. $10 to get in, parking $20 if you park in the deck, which is absurd. Luckily I found a parking place on the street. No show discounts on bass boats. Dealer said I could get a free boat cover & $2000 Bass Pro gift card. That promo has been going on since last summer, so nothing special. No tackle dealers.
    Russell Marine had Bass Cats on a huge sale! But if you keep up with the cost of boats you quickly recognized they were the normal cost for that boat with just a fake mark down.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

16. Member
    Our season starts in 2 weeks. Come over and join the fun again Mark.

17. Member
    I went to the Sacramento International Exposition yesterday. It was interesting to walk up to a fully loaded Ranger 521 last year and they were asking 110k for it. This year the same boat had sticker for 88k.

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    I went to the Sacramento International Exposition yesterday. It was interesting to walk up to a fully loaded Ranger 521 last year and they were asking 110k for it. This year the same boat had sticker for 88k.
    Same boat as in it didn’t sell over a year? I can believe it if so, local Ranger dealer has many leftover 23’s and even a 22.

19. Member
    Used to go several in the Northeast,bass club members would meet up for lunch and some walking around. Stopped going when they seemed to have more beef jerky booths and outfitters and never went back.
    Red Sox in 6!

20. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Used to be a big deal for me. Went to Indy and Louisville every year. St. Louis and Nashville a few times. Best time of winter. Saw KVD in Indy when he was a rising star and he spent 5 minutes talking to my son about spinnerbaits. He still mentions it when we fish. Talked to Babe Winkelman, no kidding, for 15 minutes about how great it was to get free everything plus money on top for his TV show every time he went fishing and his favorite places.

They’ve turned into hot tubs, gutter guards, cooking utensils and beef jerky shows around here. Haven’t been in years.

I wish somebody would start some real boat and fishing shows. I’d be all-in. Boat/fishing show in one building. Romantic getaway/cooking/craft show next door. I’d get to look at fishing stuff and boats and go home with a happy wife. Wink, wink, nod, nod, say no more!

BBC could own the boat and fishing show circuit, and I’d put my money where my mouth is to make it happen.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast