Quest head motor alignment FFS

Does the Minn Kota Quest head line up parallel with the motor so that when using FFS the head is pointed in the same direction as the livescope transducer? Saw a video that indicated this might be an issue. The Quest does not have a round shaft so I don’t think the livescope mounts allow for any adjustment.

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    The Quest has a setting that allows you to align the motor (and therefore the head) with the keel of the boat. You get it aligned and then save that location. When you deploy the Quest, it will automatically position to that setting each time you deploy the motor. Not sure if that answers your question but that's the only head alignment capability I'm aware of.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    The head is affixed to the top of the shaft. It is aligned permanently in line with the motor itself. If you bolt your sonar on the shaft and align it with the motor the head will always be aligned with the motor. If you use one of the products to mount your ffs you will need to have it or you align the ffs independent of the TM. No problem is you use mega Live with target lock. Some other FFS and it is on its own. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go