Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Maybe a false memory, but didn.t the bone color live under the finish of some crankbaits? Use them enough and you had a bone color crankbait.
    For most of my life the largest bass I had ever caught was on a floating Bill Lewis rattle trap that was chrome blue back until the paint started peeling off. I took a pocket knife and scraped all the finish off and it was almost a bone color.

Quote Originally Posted by Landar View Post
    I bought a few to try. Nothing special. Not as good as Booyah, Yozuri or red eye shad
    Watched a vid from a BPT angler on it, and he said they ride really high in the water column which is what interested me in them. I have several grass flats I fish that are pretty hard to stay on top of with a trap because they are so shallow. Chatterbait usually gets the nod, hoping this one stays high like he claimed lol.

3. Member
    Bought 2, broke one off the second trip out. Zero fish for me on them, but also zero fish on every single lure that I have thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    Watched a vid from a BPT angler on it, and he said they ride really high in the water column which is what interested me in them. I have several grass flats I fish that are pretty hard to stay on top of with a trap because they are so shallow. Chatterbait usually gets the nod, hoping this one stays high like he claimed lol.
    I got a few of the 3/8 ones and threw them for a day a couple of weeks back (no fish caught) but agree with this. These will do well in that situation. Another plus is they fall perfectly on the pause, they don't fall over at all so will be a perfect bait for ripping out of grass and pausing or yo-yoing.
    Ranting incoherently

I'll wait until TW gets them in stock so that I can get a free T-shirt.

It has that mean look.

Quote Originally Posted by basscatlildave View Post
    It has that mean look.
    Was it Spro that started the "mean look"? Everything gets copied.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Strike King has had that Oyster color for a minute. I like it.
    What ratio rčel you throw those with

Just ordered a few in the chrome color.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

10. Member
    Nice bait.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    As in tracks to one side, blows out at high speed or hunts erratically ?
    Keep in mind I only have bought one . On a straight retrieve with a pop it wouldn;t keep moving in line. It was al over the place. I did catch a fish on it. I am going to give it another shot but it defiantly reacts differently than traditional lipless. I can see it being amazing for slower lift and drop retrieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    That's what the Lewis traps excell at, they don't "dig" like some other brands ie Red Eye, Youzui, 6th Sense, etc. Easier to fish the Bill Lewis version running high over grass, etc b/c of it. Not that you can't fish grass with the others, but they will tend to dig/sink down quick on retrieve, where the BL tends to track more horizontally. Of course, sometimes you want to get it in the grass so you can rip it out and generate those strikes :).

I grabbed a few of the new ones... although I don't know why. I throw a gold Trap or Booyah One Knocker 98% of the time down here (Florida) - even though I have a box full of all different colors and variations lol.

13. Member
    Looks like a Biospawn style.

I got a few of the 3/8 ones and threw them for a day a couple of weeks back (no fish caught) but agree with this. These will do well in that situation. Another plus is they fall perfectly on the pause, they don't fall over at all so will be a perfect bait for ripping out of grass and pausing or yo-yoing.
    Sweet, thanks for the feedback bilgerat. Glad to hear some confirmation of that
    Thanks to all the other posters as well

Also, the “hammer” in the name has nothing to do with the noise it puts out. It doesn’t have that many bb’s at all nor any type of knocker so it’s actually a fairly subtle bait compared to the ones that are loaded with rattles that sound like maracas. The hammering is more of a description of the vibration feedback of the bait as it’s got a fairly wide wiggle to it.
    Ranting incoherently

16. Member
    Also, the “hammer” in the name has nothing to do with the noise it puts out. It doesn’t have that many bb’s at all nor any type of knocker so it’s actually a fairly subtle bait compared to the ones that are loaded with rattles that sound like maracas. The hammering is more of a description of the vibration feedback of the bait as it’s got a fairly wide wiggle to it.
    The original rattletrap has two compartments with larger BB's in the head capsule and smaller in the rear. This one claims to have three compartments. Would be interesting to see what is in them.

The original rattletrap has two compartments with larger BB's in the head capsule and smaller in the rear. This one claims to have three compartments. Would be interesting to see what is in them.
    This is the 3/8 oz Green Gizzard which is semi transparent on the bottom half. There's fixed solid belly weights at the bottom of the front and center compartments and 3 bb's each in the center and rear.
    IMG_3972.jpeg
    Ranting incoherently

18. Member
    The fixed weights are something new. No knock to them at all?

The fixed weights are something new. No knock to them at all?
    No. Like I mentioned earlier above, it's not an audibly loud bait but it does throw out quite a vibration which I'm sure doesn't go unnoticed by the fish.
    Ranting incoherently

20. #FRB
    I'll give the Fire Craw and Purple Nurple a try if I can get my hands on them.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast