Thread: Gambler Boats

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Yes, they would likely just file BK and walk....which is sad. I'm sure there are a lot of vendors that got screwed out of thousands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    I agree but if an LCC or similar wouldn't that protect them from something like that?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZII View Post
    Well, what's 20% of 125k when custom ordering a NON COOKIE CUTTER BOAT?
    I’ve never understood the cookie cutter argument when even low quality manufacturers are pulling their boats from molds. About as cookie cutter as it gets

If someone is willing to risk losing out on 25k waiting on a custom boat order, good for them. But far too many people have been burned for my taste. A lot of upsides to going with a “cookie cutter”
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Serious question, not trying to bash Gambler, nice boats. But what sets them apart from other manufacturers in the build process that makes them "custom"? I'm talking about the hull, not add on's. The term cookie cutter is thrown around a lot but what is cookie cutter? Lots of old Rangers, Bass Cats,and other cookie cutters still out there. Other than wanting a Gambler for looks, what sets them apart? There are shallow water boats, there are boats that are great platforms to fish out of, plenty of 70mph boats. Some boats do some things better than others. Does making 1,5 or 10 boats a year make you a custom manufacturer,,,or just a small scale boat builder.

4. Member
    ^^^^I believe the big thing is that they are a hull within a hull and all voids filled with foam between these two hulls.

https://www.gamblerbassboats.com/dif...ructionSection
    Last edited by Dixie-Raven; 01-20-2024 at 04:35 PM.

5. Member
    If they have taken deposits for boats they never built and didn’t return the deposits, then someone would be an idiot to do business with them.

6. Member
    ^^^^Haven't most models had issues with hole shots, people adding basketballs to jack plates to assist? I also worried about the livewell locations on the older ones for escaping fish and beating them up during long rough rides. How difficult was it to use the trim tabs. Are they automatic on something you have to constantly adjust when running?
    Blast off with them all the way down. Once nose drops and you're on plane, start pulling them up (mine has up and down buttons on the steering wheel) I always use the tabs on blastoff and you can adjust them up or down to achieve lower speeds without coming off plane, which is real nice when you're running at night. Once you get on plane and start pulling them up you wont feel them very long they come up pretty quick and become non-factors until you put them back down. All bass boats should have tabs in my opinion.
    Last edited by wtf; 01-20-2024 at 05:14 PM.

7. Member
    ^^^^I believe the big thing is that they are a hull within a hull and all voids filled with foam between these two hulls.

https://www.gamblerbassboats.com/dif...ructionSection
    That’s great until water finds its way in

Quote Originally Posted by RoadrashPaul View Post
    Lots of places don't account for this. I am trying to collect on a new customer that's been in business for about a year. First order was about $5k. 25 days past due and couldn't give us an answer when they were going to pay. Said one of their customers won't pay them. Sorry, I am sympathetic but I didn't do business with them, I sold the items to you and you agreed to pay me for them. We agreed to accept weekly payments until its paid off and then they will go on credit card terms.

The company I consult for has “we don’t pay until we’re paid” conditions in our vendor agreements. A few years ago we strung a subcontractor out for $300,000+ for over 270 days waiting on their product to perform.

I wouldn’t sign that contract. I agree with you Paul. They signed the contract to provide the services but we owed them the money, not our client.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Blast off with them all the way down. Once nose drops and you're on plane, start pulling them up (mine has up and down buttons on the steering wheel) I always use the tabs on blastoff and you can adjust them up or down to achieve lower speeds without coming off plane, which is real nice when you're running at night. Once you get on plane and start pulling them up you wont feel them very long they come up pretty quick and become non-factors until you put them back down. All bass boats should have tabs in my opinion.
    How do the trim tabs hold up in stumpy water? I would hate to rip one off while fishing Fork or a similar lake.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    If there was demand…they’d still be building and selling boats.
    I am sorry but that is a very ignorant statement. Businesses fail every day due to poor management and misappropriated funds. I am struggling now to turn a business around that is buried in debt but full of demand and still struggling to cover its bills.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    If there was demand…they’d still be building and selling boats.

True.

Just seems they are a niche brand with a regional following abd it appears much danage was done to the name brand. Almost seems like a new owner would rather rebrand them rather than use a name that has lost its mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    I am sorry but that is a very ignorant statement. Businesses fail every day due to poor management and misappropriated funds. I am struggling now to turn a business around that is buried in debt but full of demand and still struggling to cover its bills.
    Gambler has been hanging on for over 30 years selling a handful of boats a year. If their problems were mis-management or financial they would have closed up long ago. You should know something about what you’re posting before you go calling people ignorant.

13. Member
    Who is in charge of selling boats? Who is in charge of creating demand? Management.

Quote Originally Posted by rid 05 198 View Post
    Who is in charge of selling boats? Who is in charge of creating demand? Management.
    I have owned 3 Gamblers in my life. They are niche boats meaning that they are for a certain type of owner who wants to go fast but is willing to give up a lot of things such as practicality for fishing. The drivers side console (at least when I owned them) would not allow for any electronics to be mounted other than a flasher, and any electronics had to be mounted off to the side or on the floor using RAM mounts. The seating is that of a sports car which means that you are sitting low with no under seat storage. They are also not a rough water boat as far as fishing in waves because of how low they sit which limits where they re best used,

Allison builds the best boat but they too are a niche builder where people who buy the want to go fast and will give up what other boats offer. These are boats that you pay more for less.

15. Member
    I’m on my 3rd Gambler now which is a 2200. I’m 76 years old and if I were younger and Gambler wasn’t if the shape they are in I’d buy a 4th one. My 94 209 was the only one that had issues. During that time they had a resin problem. I hope a viable company buys the molds and resumes production.

16. Member
    Always liked the looks of Gambler.

17. Member
    I love my G it's almost 20 years old and I still get compliments at the ramp about how good it looks. It's a shame that it has to be like this really put a black eye on an iconic brand. I can remember every Gambler that pulled up to the gas dock on Table rock when I was a kid.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

18. Member
    You have to remember, Gambler was a niche boat back when there were 4 times the number of bass boats being sold as today. These niche builders are a niche of a niche nowadays. Most won't find a sustainable business path. Purchase at your own risk.

19. Member
    gambler boats are like most of the other boat companies that have a big group of followers an cant seem to stay in business . the followers say if someone would build the boat they would buy it an when they get the boat built an it cost as much as all the other cookie cutter boats that some folks disrespect the big difference there is a market for them an they can hang when the economy goes up an down.

Having owned 3 Gamblers, if the original owner still produced them I'd consider a 4th. New owners of the molds really screwed the pooch.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast