Angler’s Choice Marine Open House

Anyone headed to Martinsville, VA next Friday and Saturday for the Open House at Angler’s Choice Marine? Gonna be a fun time and I for one am going to be hitting their tackle shop in preparation of spring fishing. Check em out at https://www.anglerschoicemarine.com and https://acmtackle.com

2. Member
    Not a chance

3. Member
    No

4. Member
    No use looking at 100k boats.
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

5. Member
    Nope

6. Member
    Those guys are proud of their boats from what I see advertised. Might be fun to go buy some tackle and check them out though.

7. Member
    pass
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Banned
    Heck all boats are high. Anglers Choice is a good place to deal with at least the one in Spindale.

9. Member
    Aren’t they always Odeon on a Friday?

Some of us are heading down next Saturday, we're going for the free hot dogs and Coke. Gonna be disappointed if they've done away with these two things.

11. Member
    I’m a little perplexed by some of the responses.

I have had nothing but exceptional customer service from the dealership in Spindale (where I bought my boat), and the Martinsville location, where I had something very special happen for me. As I said, I bought my boat from Andy Greene at Greene Boat and Motor. His sister, Sandy, owns and operated Angler’s Choice in Martinsville at the time. My father in law was scheduled to come visit one weekend. He’s the guy that got me back into fishing. He taught me a TON about fishing and owning a boat, among so many other things. Well, I arrived to my boat storage unit one morning to find hydraulic fluid on the floor and poor steering. I called Andy, and explained how bummed I was about not being able to surprise my FIL with my new boat and an unexpected fishing trip. Over the phone, we figured out it was a steering bracket issue. Andy and his parts dept didn’t have one and couldn’t get one in time.

This is where Rick Pierce got involved, through Andy. I got a phone call from Andy saying if I could find an authorized Merc repair place with the bracket in stock, the cost associated with switching the bracket and replacing the damaged/bent steering components would be covered. (It was one of the first few dozen hulls for BCB and likely the first one or two spec’d with a 115ProXS instead of the more popular 150) Appeared to have been part of the learning curve but BCB *really* stepped up to the plate for me with my issue.

As luck (and irony) would have it, Angler’s Choice had the parts. They even agreed to what Rick P and Andy were proposing as far as out of pocket payment went. They fixed it THAT DAY to make sure I could still make my surprise with my FIL. Somewhere in the middle of finding the parts and driving the 90-ish minutes to the dealership, I found out about Andy and Sandy being siblings.

Whatever their dad taught them about customer service was 100% received. Those two get it, and they value family and the relationships built on time spent outdoors. So, yeah, based on my experiences with Andy in Spindale, and Sandy in Martinsville, I’m perplexed about how quickly some dismiss Angler’s Choice. Maybe I just got lucky, but that didn’t feel like luck. It certainly sounds cliche, but it honestly felt more like family.

sorry for the ramble…
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

12. Member
    Yep there father was good man. And his duck.

I bet there are thousands of stories about how Hubert and Rose Greene took great care of us bass fisherman back in the day. They saved my bacon back in 1971. My 1970 Ranger ll was in their service department for minor repairs. At the last minute I decided I wanted a more dependable outboard with a little more speed for this weekends club tournament. Called Hubert early in the morning, told him I was tired of messing with that motor and what I wanted. He said it might take them all day, but if I wouldn't mind getting the boat back around 9:00 that night, he could do it. We worked out the financials and they went to work. That day i was at work in Charlotte and either Rose or Hubert would call every few hours to update me. Left work that evening around 6:00 to pick it up and got home around 12:00 that night. Great people and a great dealer.

I'll be at Martinsville for my hot dog!
    Last edited by Coastal Mountaineer; 01-19-2024 at 02:23 AM.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv/LVS34
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

Yep they are great. Way back in the day I had an old boat that was shot and I couldn't afford a new one. Called Sandy and told her my situation while I was on a call. Forty minutes later when I walked in the house my wife was on the phone. It was Sandy calling to say she had found me a boat. Drove up the next day and picked it up. Good folks
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

15. Member
    Everyone who goes have a good time, eat up!
    2015 Ranger RT188
    2015 115 PRO XS

Greene Boat & Motor, Spindale, (Hubert and Rose), was a legendary Ranger dealer
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS