Power pole straps

Occasionally I see a video or even pictures where a person has straps on the shallow anchors.
    is this for trailering or what would they be used for?
    and where do you get them

2. Member
    I use mine when trailering to keep them tighter and try and help with wear in the bushings. It also keeps them from deploying if something was to happen to a hose or fitting. I got mine from Rich @ Hydrilla Gear.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

3. Member
    I use them to keep poles tight when trailering. Hook into transom eyes & loop around each pole. Definatly helps keep them from flopping much more than using travel covers alone . Just get 1" ratchet straps from almost anywhere & if too long, just cut off excess that you don't need. 6 foot long should be all you need, 1 each side.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishshooter View Post
    I use them to keep poles tight when trailering. Hook into transom eyes & loop around each pole. Definatly helps keep them from flopping much more than using travel covers alone . Just get 1" ratchet straps from almost anywhere & if too long, just cut off excess that you don't need. 6 foot long should be all you need, 1 each side.
    Power pole makes straps that are much easier to use

5. Member
    use a cover keeps them nicer looking and keeps them from accidentally deploying also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Banned
    I had one partially deploy traveling home. Secured with rope. Afterwards I went to Ace Hardware and purchased some Velcro straps. They are sold in a variety of sizes.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    Power pole makes straps that are much easier to use
    I seen the travel straps on their website. How I'm using ratchet straps hooked to transom eyes pulls blades tight where the arms pivot on the knuckle eliminating any side to side play as well.

8. Member
    Use a cover when traveling a decent distance.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Use a cover when traveling a decent distance.
    I use Tuff Skinz covers, they have a strap built in.

10. Member
    A rubber bungee wrapped around twice and hooked into a hole on the poles. Five seconds either on or off that doesn't scratch, keeps them secure, and costs a few dollars. Really no need to overthink it.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator