Daughters Honda Accord Help?

She has an old 2003 Accord that the alternator went out and now needs a code for the radio to work. Found a code in the manual but apparently the radio has been replaced? Found the “serial number” of the new on but unable to get the code. Tried Honda site and it’s not showing the new code I guess because the VIN and radio doesn’t match.

2. Moderator
    I had a similar issue. I had to take the car to the Honda dealer and they took care of it for me. This was 10+ years ago now so I don't remember if it cost any money or how much of a hassle it was.

3. Member
    Only thing I could tell you. Is contact a Honda dealer. We had a 2003 Accord very good car. And the radio also had to be replaced. But it was under warranty.

4. Member
    Mine was written in the owners manual luckily. Honda was really proud of their theft protection back in the day it seems.
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

Found a site, might be shady? Wanted $16 PayPal to send the code.

Too bad you're in Louisville or I could put you in contact with the right guy that could fix it in Dallas. Danny's Import Service...you may be able to call him for an explanation...972-434-4488. GL!
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

7. Member
    Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade and install a good aftermarket radio/media player. Check out Crutchfield.

Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade and install a good aftermarket radio/media player. Check out Crutchfield.
    And get her one with CarPlay so she doesn’t have to mess with her phone while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    on the accord it a funky install, not necessarily plug and play

10. Member
    Turn radio off hold down 1and 6 buttom turn radio back on while still holding buttons. Should give u the number. Pm me with that number and i should be able to get u the code. Got a buddy that works for honda

11. Member
    Check every page of the owners manual. Somebody had to have written it down. Mine hade two handwritten codes, only one worked. Unfortunately that manual is probably 300 pages. Good luck!

12. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sjbailey View Post
    Turn radio off hold down 1and 6 buttom turn radio back on while still holding buttons. Should give u the number. Pm me with that number and i should be able to get u the code. Got a buddy that works for honda
    PM sent