glad I checked my motor warranty

I just found out a couple of weeks ago that when I purchased my boat in February, the dealer never registered me with BassCat as the owner. I think they finally got the info sent over to BassCat, but I haven't heard for certain.

Today I just got a weird feeling that I better double check and make sure they activated the two years Platinum coverage I purchased on the Mercury.

Nope. Mercury shows I have an additional two years of Gold.

I contacted the dealership and let them know my receipt from them says 2 years Platinum. They said they would fix it.

I'm sure they'll do the right thing. I'm just glad I double checked.
    2023 Puma STS

2. Member
    good find

3. Member
    Same thing happened to me with a dealer in North Carolina. The excuse was that they werent sure what the over $3000 payment was for so never applied it to the warranty. That sounds completely nornal.

4. Member
    Sounds like the dealer will fix it. But I would still double check before the motor is over the one year in service.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

Look at it this way, you got additional time on your Mercury warranty
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

6. Scraps
    In God We Trust. All others shall be validated.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Happened to me. I paid for the Platinum, it was on the bill of sale, but never registered with Mercury. I found out after a powerhead failure. Dealer made it right but after talking to several dealerships during that debacle, it seems it’s not uncommon for some to take the money but not register it. Hope they make it good for you.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

It took me 2 months to sort our my warranty transfer. The dealer was supposed to handle it but never did. Really helpful...
    2020 Tracker 190 TX | 115 ProXS | 4" Jackplate | Quicksilver Q4 21P Prop | Garmin Force w/MillerTech 36v-60Ah | Livescope |

YouTube - Fishing & Lithium Battery Content: https://www.youtube.com/@goodmanfishing/videos

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    Look at it this way, you got additional time on your Mercury warranty
    The dealer fixed it, but there's no additional time on the warranty. They didn't change the date, just corrected the coverage from Gold to Platinum.
    2023 Puma STS

10. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    When I had to have my lower unit replaced last year at another dealer, I found out that my motor came with extended warranty. My dealer never mentioned it.