Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator

Harris Chain lodging?

Small group heading down mid Feb. One of guys booked a few rooms at La Bella Inn. Looks pretty seedy to me. Anyone have feedback on that place or can recommend something else that is boater friendly, clean and safe? Reviews on Holiday Inn Express looks hit or miss with parking issues for boaters.

Thanks for any responses.

2. Member
    Have you checked on AirBNB or VRBO? Not sure how many are going, but there are a few places right on the water with dock and all. Might be worth a look.

3. Member
    Call Brad at Narrow Road Realty in Eustis Florida. He has a rental on a canal out to Lake Eustis on the chain and will accommodate 2 or maybe even 3 truck/trailers. It’s in a great neighborhood also. Labella Inn is right on the highway in Tavares and have heard bad things happening to good people’s rigs while staying there.

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn a few times. There is parking in the back for the boat and the light pole used to have an out let to plug in the boat. However it is limited. There is also a large retail parking lot next door to park the boat and a Outback steak house in walking distance.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

5. Member
    If you stay in a hotel make sure you take absolutely everting you want to keep into the room with you at night. I took everything but one day box of tackle that my buddy forgot to empty and it was all gone when we got up in the morning. They hit the other two boats in the parking lot and cleaned them out pretty good too. I was at the Hampton Inn. I doubt it really matters.

6. Member
    If it's a group of you I would highly recommend you guys just getting a house on one of the lakes together thru AirBnB. There are plenty in that area, and many have docks so you don't have to fool with trailering every day.

7. Member
    I just got back from staying in a Air BNB that had room for 3 boats and trucks in the yard in howey in the hills just off lake harris. Great host and think it was 600 bucks for 3 nights in a good neighborhood. fishing sucked for the tournament but at least the beds were comfortable with two kings and a queen.

8. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Thanks everyone!! I will look again at abnb.

Quote Originally Posted by EufaulaHammer View Post
    I just got back from staying in a Air BNB that had room for 3 boats and trucks in the yard in howey in the hills just off lake harris. Great host and think it was 600 bucks for 3 nights in a good neighborhood. fishing sucked for the tournament but at least the beds were comfortable with two kings and a queen.
    Just looked this one up. That's the one you need to get.