Thread: Trailer steps

Trailer steps

I have a custom line dual wheel trailer under my 20xd. Any suggestions on the best boarding steps for my set up?
    maybe post up a few pics if possible. Thanks

Not sure on bullets, but the Omega Step I used on my CX20 was the best combination of affordable & quality I found - https://amzn.to/3RX1R8M

3. Member
    I put a set of trick steps on my customline. I like them as far as getting in and out, don't like the fact I can't put my trolling motor down now when the boats on the trailer. Wish I had went with the type that mounted farther to the side of the trailer.

4. Member
    I went with the Boat efx steps. I haven’t received them yet, they should be here this week.

5. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post
    Not sure on bullets, but the Omega Step I used on my CX20 was the best combination of affordable & quality I found - https://amzn.to/3RX1R8M
    I like the way these attach to the trailer. I look at my Boat EFX and cringe at the thought of those bolts breaking in tension. Regardless, I like having the steps and use them a lot, even in the driveway.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

I put EFX on my trailer. They are nice steps with the tread grips and handle.

1. There was no way to tighten the bolts enough to keep the assembly from rotating and dumping me on the ground. Found that out the hard way. I even sent pics to EFX to make sure I had them installed correctly. They would not quit moving..... End result was I welded them to the trailer, and welded the clock ring so I didn't have to worry about bolts breaking.

2. I don't like that they didn't include a 5/8" bolt to replace the safety cable bolts.

3. Now, driving down the road, I can see the handle in the mirror shaking/vibrating excessively. Like it has a weird harmonic or something. It will end up cracking the metal at some point. I just reinforce it when that time comes. May balance the tires again to see if it quits. But not sure that's the problem.

As far as the steps go. LOVE them. I'll never have a boat without them moving forward. I just can't see how people are keeping them tight so they don't slip/rotate.
    Cody
    2018 Bullet 21SDC 250 ProXS
    2B526206

Cody
    2B526206

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRubberDuck View Post
    I put EFX on my trailer. They are nice steps with the tread grips and handle.

1. There was no way to tighten the bolts enough to keep the assembly from rotating and dumping me on the ground. Found that out the hard way. I even sent pics to EFX to make sure I had them installed correctly. They would not quit moving..... End result was I welded them to the trailer, and welded the clock ring so I didn't have to worry about bolts breaking.

2. I don't like that they didn't include a 5/8" bolt to replace the safety cable bolts.

3. Now, driving down the road, I can see the handle in the mirror shaking/vibrating excessively. Like it has a weird harmonic or something. It will end up cracking the metal at some point. I just reinforce it when that time comes. May balance the tires again to see if it quits. But not sure that's the problem.

As far as the steps go. LOVE them. I'll never have a boat without them moving forward. I just can't see how people are keeping them tight so they don't slip/rotate.
    Are your trailer tires balanced? That made a big difference on my last boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Batfish View Post
    Are your trailer tires balanced? That made a big difference on my last boat.

I did balance them, but I didn’t feel they balanced well. I have my own tire machines in my shop, but I’m not very good with them if that makes sense.
    Cody
    2B526206

10. Member
    I fabbed some up based on the Trick Step design.PXL_20230129_231221343.jpg
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Garmin Force
    8' Raptors

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I like the way these attach to the trailer. I look at my Boat EFX and cringe at the thought of those bolts breaking in tension. Regardless, I like having the steps and use them a lot, even in the driveway.
    I am about 230lbs, used it all year, never felt the Omega move or flex

12. Member
    My boat EFX do the same thing. had to drill and tap the side plate through the bow roller stand to get it to stop. Company was no help

[QUOTE=WranglerSS;13342984]I fabbed some up based on the Trick Step design.PXL_20230129_231221343.jpg[/QUOTE

This what I’m going to do. I like that same design.
    ]

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs