Adhesive used on Bow T Motor Leads?

Morning fellas!

Anyone know exactly what black adhesive is used under the PHX bows, to cover the trolling motor leads? Is it just black marine silicone gooped up? Bout to swap and I'd like to match. Figured I'd ask here before contacting Phoenix.

Thx as always and be well!

2. Member
    I think it’s just a silicone. Could be 3m 4200. I removed that and replaced with the splice connector that Ranger uses. Trollingmotersparts.com has them. You will need to change the connectors to a smaller ring terminal. Highly suggest you use a hydraulic crimper

3. Member
    TY!

4. Member
    Jrock, if you want to go down a rabbit hole look up potting compounds for electronics
    21 Phoenix 819 Pro
    21 Mercury Pro XS 200 4 Stroke (3B003279)

I think it's liquid tape.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    I had an issue with the connection you all are referring to on my 21 XE with a Power Pole Move. 2 additional leads for the foot pedal and the display meet at this junction. I had bad grounds on both the display and foot pedal. I bypassed the entire buss and installed a Battery Tender Trolling motor plug. The connections were all better with fastened nylon lock nuts. I can also now easily remove the trolling motor if I need to.

7. Member
    For anyone that has the older 920 and wants to replace the trolling motor cables. I did mine and cleaned them up and it made a better connection. I covered my screws with regular silicone worked like a champ.