Prop vent hole plugs

I just purchased a fury 4 for my 196dc 200 proxs4 I am wondering what vent plugs to use. Does anyone know what they should . Thanks Injun.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 01-12-2024 at 01:57 PM.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    It all depends on if you blow out on throttle up. If you do, then start with the restrictors (there are 3 sizes + solid plugs). Add them until you don't blow out during the hole shot. That is the only time the PVS holes have any affect. Check some of these videos.

mercury pvs tuning - YouTube

4. Member
    If I remember correctly, the fury 4 tends to like all holes open. Seems like it was the only prop that liked to have all the holes open.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    If I remember correctly, the fury 4 tends to like all holes open. Seems like it was the only prop that liked to have all the holes open.
    I had a Bravo 1XS that performed best with all 8 holes open. I think a lot of that had to do with the weight of Talons and brackets. Once I removed them, it was no longer a great fit for my 203. Trophy Plus was a much better performing prop for that particular hull.

6. Member
    Thanks I will try everything out appreciate the response.Injun

Every hull is different, on the water testing is the only way to tune your set up. Start with all the plugs out and add/subtract as needed. The Furys I've tested on 4 strokes prefer them all open.