Thread: Lost job

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Hope you find a good job!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

2. Member
    I know how you feel, when I was about 30, I quit my job 2 months after buying a new unbuilt home, everybody that knew me told me I was nuts. I was fed up, and every day after I would go and apply for jobs ( 96 different companies) in the span of 5 weeks. I worked 3 part time jobs until I found my dream job (able to retire 3 years ago at 60 with full pension and benefits). My point is just keep looking when a door closes another opens, its always dark before the light, be strong !

3. Member
    I've been struggling to find an enjoyable and secure job for so long, so I get just how you feel. I got mine just last year after around a year of searching and interviews.
    I've found these remote part-time jobs and was surprised by the multiple options. I'm currently working as a voice-over artist and a subtitle translator for YouTube videos. Now I'm happy with creating my working environment and managing my time just as I wish.
    Last edited by chopshop07; 02-23-2024 at 07:33 AM.

4. Member
    Wishing you the very best of luck and hopefully the right job will be there for you soon.

Keep the faith and never give up.

5. Member
    I'm still employed but looking for something different and less stressful. Have you looked on Indeed at all? Finding lots of jobs posted on there.

6. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Good luck!! Here working in my office in Columbia this week. I wouldn't want to have a job here for anything. Def would look for remote IT work that pays good.

Think positive and wish you the best of luck on Friday.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

8. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Best of luck friday and keep a positive attitude and hopefully it comes across to the interviewer on friday. I'll send up a few for you but don't give up
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

I got fired in 2015, I was felt totally helpless and depressed. Today am part owner in an S-Corp and a building (LLC). (Machine shop).
    Things will work out...but it doesn't feel like it when you are in the middle of it. Pray.
    Ohio river gets in the blood!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Bullet View Post
    Update: Just since post I have 2 more Teams interviews at great companies. Still nervous wish me luck!
    Any more updates?

11. Member
    Stay positive and keep looking you’ll land on your feet with a good job!
    Bass Boat
    Powered by an outboard
    Electronics at helm and up front
    Pulled by my truck

12. Member
    SC Bullet, I don't know what line of work you are looking for but get on LinkedIn, I'm retired and still get job request in my line of work.

13. Member
    Good luck with the interview!

14. Member
    Good luck and stay positive. .
    "Absence of Evidence does not mean Evidence of Absence."
    - Dr. Carl Sagan

15. Member
    Look up www.danos.com Good luck!
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

Quote Originally Posted by SC Bullet View Post
    Update: Just since post I have 2 more Teams interviews at great companies. Still nervous wish me luck!
    I think/hope he found something. Post is a month old.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

17. Member
    Good luck to you Sir.

18. Member
    I work in tech and I've had to interview people over Zoom (and i've done many interviews myself). If you want any tips or have any questions, please shoot me a DM.

My blanket tips are..

-Make sure you're on camera and have a nice background (if your space isn't interesting or visually pleasing, it's totally fine to use a fake background)
    -Make sure you have a good audio setup and people can hear you clearly. Try not to use the built-in laptop microphone! Go buy a decent microphone.
    -Make sure to make eye contact with the camera and dress like you would for an in-person job interview.
    -Don't talk over the people interviewing you, let them finish their sentences.
    -ASK QUESTIONS! People who stand out in interviews are people who are curious and engage. Ask questions about the company, about the role, about the culture. Interviewers like having some of the 'interviewing" load taken of them.
    -Talk confidently about your past accomplishments and have stories ready to illustrate what you've done
    -Be ready to be asked questions about things that have gone wrong in your past jobs... and how you've overcame them.
    -If you have any "distractions" going on around your zoom call (dogs, kids, construction) call it out at the beginning of the call. I really like when people do that personally. It's a nice courtesy.

Often tech jobs are not AS much about a person's technical chops, but will they be a good FIT. You can teach tech stuff. Is the candidate someone who can learn? Are they excited to try new things? Can they be someone you can hand a project and they can execute without a ton of hand holding?

I hope some of this helps.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

19. Member
    I can second that this job market is terrible right now. it's great for entry level stuff but I had no idea how hard it'd be finding a good career style place at 31 with Executive level experience in a couple of different very successful companies.

Wish you continued luck!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast