Thread: Berkley Braid

Berkley Braid

Does any one use it . It has a white color . A buddy gave it to me . I don't use a lot of braid . The rods i have it on has a green color .And it has been on them for year's .

It not in a box and that's all I know . It was gaveing to him and don't fish .
    Heard of people , taking a marker and blacking out the end of the line on the rod or tie a leader on it .Thx

2. Member
    Could be x5, x9, Nanofil, or fireline..

Ive used x5 and fireline. X5 is good, not great. Some people swear by fireline.

regarding coloring or a leader, I always use leaders with braid regardless of color or color of water. Just a confidence thing for me and easier to swap out baits without constantly cutting back the mainline
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    We are big fans of the X9. We generally use the flame green but it does come in crystal (white). Casts a mile and use it on our bait casters and spinning set-ups. Our second choice to Smackdown

We are have tried FireLine and didn't like it. Casts OK but was too stiff for our liking.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

4. Member
    I've got some X9 in crystal i'm using crappie fishing. I like it just fine but the diawa j braid x4 shows up better on livescope. I assume it's because it's a rougher texture than the Berkley that's very smooth which makes it disturb the water more & show up better on sonar. From what i've saw after using it a while it's pretty good line in my opinion.

5. Member
    Been using x9 on my spinning rods for 4 years I think? Holds up great and casts well. Win for me