Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    will be vacated due to Stallion scandal. Harbaugh headed to the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    No it wasn't. It was a suspension that Michigan gave Harbaugh...
    You are correct - So NCCA still has thier own investigation/response/penatly to hand out... at some point.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 01-09-2024 at 04:29 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    i dont care either way. im not a football homer, but cheating is cheating
    They have multiple open NCAA investigations ongoing for various rules infringements. Questioning whether or not they should have been allowed to be in the game is not being a whiner or sore losers. Especially when you look at how fast the NCAA has handed down post season bans for lesser schools for lesser violations.

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    You are correct - both suspensions were handed out by the confernce. So NCCA still has thier own investigation/response/penatly to hand out... at some point.
    No, only 1 suspension was handed out by the conference. The first one was a Michigan-only thing.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

5. Member
    It was a good game until I separated my shoulder in the first half.

6. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vafishing View Post
    They have multiple open NCAA investigations ongoing for various rules infringements. Questioning whether or not they should have been allowed to be in the game is not being a whiner or sore losers. Especially when you look at how fast the NCAA has handed down post season bans for lesser schools for lesser violations.
    Dream on..... 1) The NCAA has never done anything fast and 2) It's now been a a bunch of years since they've banned a team from a bowl - the primary reason being is that is punishes kids who had nothing to do with the reasons for the ban.

Nowadays they tend to sanction coaches, fine schools, etc etc etc. The latest is from last summer with Tennessee not getting a bowl ban for over 200 violations by the previous coaching regime -
    https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...l/70194970007/. I'm sure you are even more outraged about that......or not.....

No, only 1 suspension was handed out by the conference. The first one was a Michigan-only thing.
    Too many suspensions to keep up with

8. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Too many suspensions to keep up with
    15-0

9. Member
    just wished they had played alabama or GA in the final game. game last night was not competitive or fun to watch. I did not care who one but i turne it off early when it appeared Washington could not compete
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

34 - 11

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    just wished they had played alabama or GA in the final game. game last night was not competitive or fun to watch. I did not care who one but i turne it off early when it appeared Washington could not compete
    Yeah this is first Natty I haven't watched in a long time. I did pop in to see the score every once in a while, but that's it. Sounds like MI took'em to the woodshed a bit though.

Although they did handle Alabama the previous week.

12. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    They beat Bama a week earlier. WTF is it with SEC Honks always wanting a do-over?

13. Member
    They beat Bama a week earlier. WTF is it with SEC Honks always wanting a do-over?
    The bama game was competitive and fun to watch. Last night was not. that was my point. I don't have a team in the final 4 but as a fan like to see a competitive final.
    2024 Phoenix 818

I actually would have liked to have seen a GA MI rematch in the natty this year - would have been a better game than the WA I would think - But we didn't take care of business against AL so can't really say much

The bama game was competitive and fun to watch. Last night was not. that was my point. I don't have a team in the final 4 but as a fan like to see a competitive final.
    They were gifted (others more deserving) the opportunity to make the natty, and well, they lost.....a 2 loss team....not in the conversation......15-0 speaks.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    They were gifted (others more deserving) the opportunity to make the natty, and well, they lost.....a 2 loss team....not in the conversation......15-0 speaks.
    I would not have minded MI beating bama in the final in OT, that would have been a good game. last night was not. Just implying having bama in the other bracket might have setup a better game for fans without a team in the fight. I've watched Bama trounce teams in the finails in the past and thought what a bad game as well.

MI had a great team. never meant to imply they didn't.
    2024 Phoenix 818

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Yep there isn't even a conversation to have when a team goes undefeated and wins the championship game, especially in convincing fashion. Most fans outside the SEC probably enjoyed seeing different teams playing in the championship game for a change. I know I did. Once FSU got left out I was pulling for Michigan.

18. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    LOL!! at the "not a good game" homers who think some other teams should have been in it (y'all homers know who you are )..
    For the most part It was a 1 score game until the middle of the 4th quarter.. then things happened and it started leaning harder Michigan's way until the final dagger with 3-1/2 minutes left.. Michigan was in the driver's seat but there were many chances for Washington to be right back in the game but just couldn't pull it off. The game was pretty entertaining, not overtime exciting but pretty entertaining none the less..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Only whiners and sore lovers would expect an asterisk.
    Yup. Washington got beat fair and square. Looked like they had a chance at one point, if they could've made a big play.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    LOL!! at the "not a good game" homers who think some other teams should have been in it (y'all homers know who you are )..
    For the most part It was a 1 score game until the middle of the 4th quarter.. then things happened and it started leaning harder Michigan's way until the final dagger with 3-1/2 minutes left.. Michigan was in the driver's seat but there were many chances for Washington to be right back in the game but just couldn't pull it off. The game was pretty entertaining, not overtime exciting but pretty entertaining none the less..
    This, Washington was very close to making the game closer score wise had they not had a couple miscues. I thought it was a good game. Congrats to Michigan proving everybody wrong who doubted them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast