Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    So only if you QB your team into a SB win makes you a ELITE QB ?

Is Jim Pluckett, Joe Theismann, Jim McMahon, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco and Nick Foles all ELITE Quarterbacks because they all won a SB.

But these QB's that never won a SB - Dan Marino, Jim Kelley and Fran Tarkenton because they are all HALL OF FAMERS. Your criteria doesn't hold water.

Allen is a ELITE QB playing with a average team while your boy Dak Prescott is a average QB playing with a Elite team.

Dak Prescott - 30 years old
    Josh Allen - 27 years old

Dak Prescott 7season with Dallas
    Josh Allen 6 seasons with Buffalo

Playoff Records:
    Dak Prescott 2-4
    Josh Allen 4-4

Dak Prescott playoff interceptions 5 in 6 games

Josh Allen playoff interceptions 4 in 8 games

I think Allen TRUMPS Prescott in almost every category.

But I love going back and forth with you Mark, I learn a lot from you.

GO BILLS

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post

Is Jim Pluckett, Joe Theismann, Jim McMahon, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco and Nick Foles all ELITE Quarterbacks because they all won a SB.

But these QB's that never won a SB - Dan Marino, Jim Kelley and Fran Tarkenton because they are all HALL OF FAMERS. Your criteria doesn't hold water.

Allen is a ELITE QB playing with a average team while your boy Dak Prescott is a average QB playing with a Elite team.

Playoff Records:
    Dak Prescott 2-4
    Josh Allen 4-4

GO BILLS

That being said, the banter is fun. Wish you all the best in the playoffs.

I'm not gonna change my mind. I don't consider him an elite QB. Very few QBs are.

3. Member
    If we both get VERY Lucky it will be the Cowboys vs Bills in the SB

If we both get VERY Lucky it will be the Cowboys vs Bills in the SB

Then both our non elite QBs can fight it out...

5. Member

Playoff Records:
    Dak Prescott 2-4
    Josh Allen 4-4

GO BILLS
    Elite QB's don't miss a wide open Diggs on a go route. Allen is a freak athlete but he is so inconsistent at times its hard to call him a true elite QB like Marino, Kelley, Brady or even Mahomes
    Blazer 650 pro tour

6. Member
    Yea, none of them EVER missed a receiver……..lol

FYI Allen has been playing hurt (shoulder) since mid season. He plays thru the pain unlike a lot of your “Elite” quarterbacks who sit to protect their careers rather than try to help their team win. I will take Josh Allen over ANY QB in the league. He’s very well respected in Buffalo.

7. Member
    Allen is a monster and a TD machine. That said he is also a turnover machine. The first turnover he had last night was a horrible play all around. The second one I do not blame him much because that was a long fourth down play, just out of field goal range. That INT was as good as a punt. He threw it up in the end zone, hoping one of his WRs would make a play on the ball. They did not. I hope as he matures, he will learn to take what the defense gives him. I know that’s not his mentality. He’s more of a gunslinger like Brett Favre. The Bills have an awesome Defense, even with the injuries they are dealing with on that side of the ball. They can beat anyone in the league when they are clicking, but when they aren’t and Allen plays dumb they lose to the Patriots, Jets and Broncos like they did this year.
    Brad Krone

8. Member
    He’s a damn good QB that is tough as nails. I’ll take him on the Commanders roster any day .

9. Member
    Yea, none of them EVER missed a receiver……..lol

FYI Allen has been playing hurt (shoulder) since mid season. He plays thru the pain unlike a lot of your “Elite” quarterbacks who sit to protect their careers rather than try to help their team win. I will take Josh Allen over ANY QB in the league. He’s very well respected in Buffalo.
    That's great he's respected in Buffalo, being respected has nothing to do with being an elite QB. Drew Bledsoe was very well respected in New England, does that qualify him as elite?

Josh makes too many bone headed mistakes to be what I would consider an elite QB. Is he one of the best in the league right now? Yes he is, but QB play has been atrocious the past few years.
    Blazer 650 pro tour

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    Allen is a monster and a TD machine. That said he is also a turnover machine. The first turnover he had last night was a horrible play all around. The second one I do not blame him much because that was a long fourth down play, just out of field goal range. That INT was as good as a punt. He threw it up in the end zone, hoping one of his WRs would make a play on the ball. They did not. I hope as he matures, he will learn to take what the defense gives him. I know that’s not his mentality. He’s more of a gunslinger like Brett Favre. The Bills have an awesome Defense, even with the injuries they are dealing with on that side of the ball. They can beat anyone in the league when they are clicking, but when they aren’t and Allen plays dumb they lose to the Patriots, Jets and Broncos like they did this year.
    The Denver Broncos beat KC, Packers and Browns. The Jets beat Eagles and Texans. The Patriots beat Steelers. Each of those teams are in the Playoffs too. So blaming Josh Allen for those loses is ridiculous. Who do you blame on those loses.

What you can blame Allen for is ALWAYS giving 110% effort and putting the team ahead of himself while winning once again the AFC East (4 years in a row) and #2 seed in the AFC insuring possibly 2 home games while the Dolphins go the road for its first playoff game.

As I mentioned before there are at least 25 other teams that would love to have Allen as their Franchise Quarterback. Just ask the Jets, Browns and Cardinals as they also drafted their “Franchise QB” the year the Bills drafted Josh Allen. Funny I remember during the 2018 draft all the experts said Buffalo made a huge mistake by taking the wrong Josh. I also remember a self proclaimed top CB calling him “Trash” after the draft. You might know him, he played CB for the Rams when Allen burn him bad last year and again yesterday as he’s Miami’s CB last night. Does Jalen Ramsey ring a bell ?

See ya in the playoffs

11. Member
    Let's play a game and name qbs that you would take over Allen. Mahomes, Burrow, Lamar. Dak-no, Herbert-no, Lawrence-no, Stafford-no, Hurts-no, Tua-no, Purdy-no. Stroud needs one more year to make an accurate decision.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mack710 View Post
    That's great he's respected in Buffalo, being respected has nothing to do with being an elite QB. Drew Bledsoe was very well respected in New England, does that qualify him as elite?

Josh makes too many bone headed mistakes to be what I would consider an elite QB. Is he one of the best in the league right now? Yes he is, but QB play has been atrocious the past few years.
    Do you know baseball. The Very best a pitcher can do is a perfect game. As a matter of fact there has been only 24 perfect games in 154 YEARS of baseball history.

Well last year Josh Allen threw the only perfect game in NFL history and it was against the most Elite NFL coach, Belicheat during last year’s 2nd game vs the Patriots. He took the field 7 times and produced 7 touchdowns. If that’s not Elite WTH is ?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Let's play a game and name qbs that you would take over Allen. Mahomes, Burrow, Lamar. Dak-no, Herbert-no, Lawrence-no, Stafford-no, Hurts-no, Tua-no, Purdy-no. Stroud needs one more year to make an accurate decision.
    LOL…..could be a long list but that’s kind of unfair to many of those players.

BTW Lamar got drafted the same year as Allen. To this day he’s never beat Allen/Buffalo. Allen has beaten Mahomes the last 3 years during the regular season IN KANSAS CITY each time.

14. Member
    Let's be honest and just say that if Josh Allen didn't become discoboobient/ Lala land often, He could be an Elite QB.
    Last edited by BillsFan; 01-08-2024 at 03:50 PM.

15. Member
    Do you know baseball. The Very best a pitcher can do is a perfect game. As a matter of fact there has been only 24 perfect games in 154 YEARS of baseball history.

Well last year Josh Allen threw the only perfect game in NFL history and it was against the most Elite NFL coach, Belicheat during last year’s 2nd game vs the Patriots. He took the field 7 times and produced 7 touchdowns. If that’s not Elite WTH is ?
    And Lamar and Roethlisberger are the only two QBs in NFL history with multiple games with perfect passer ratings in a single season... a stat that sounds elite, right? Do you consider Lamar elite? I wouldn't quite put him there personally. Good yes, elite, no.
    Blazer 650 pro tour

I love this thread...Bills won and almost everyone is bashing Josh Allen. It's taking away the hurt from Dolphins loss.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    I love this thread...Bills won and almost everyone is bashing Josh Allen. It's taking away the hurt from Dolphins loss.
    Honesty is the best policy.

I think other QBs have had perfect passer ratings. Some did it multiple times including playoffs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._passer_rating

19. Member
    I’m Not talking a perfect passer rating. I’m talking about a perfect game……Allen walked onto the field 7 times and scored 7 touchdowns…..no punts…..no field goals……just 49 points against the best coach in the NFL. No other NFL QB has ever done that.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    Ya, yesterday he only threw for 357 yards, 2 touchdowns and ran for 67 yards and many crucial 1st downs. Had a late 4th qt come back and won the game.

Can you imagine he was an Elite QB………..LOL….WTF

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast